Peach BBQ Chicken Legs for #BakingBloggers
Are you a blogger who would like to join in the Baking fun? Request to join our Facebook Group, or contact Sue from Palatable Pastime, we post monthly on the second Monday. For July we're sharing bakes that include peaches!
I picked up some Bourbon Peach BBQ Sauce at a local farm recently, along with some fresh peaches, and we were debating what to do with them. When I saw we had a Peach event for Baking Bloggers on the horizon I knew exactly what to do! Obviously I used a very specific BBQ product for this, but you can absolutely use any favorite BBQ sauce of yours that you feel would go with the flavor of peach. If you want to infuse even more peach flavor, maybe stir some peach preserves into your BBQ sauce along with the fresh peaches.
July 2020: Peaches
- Uruguayan Peach Chaja Cake from Pandemonium Noshery
- Peach BBQ Chicken Legs from Making Miracles
- Mini Peach Cobblers from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Single Serving Baked Peach Crisp from Sneha's Recipe
- Shortbread Peach Jam Squares from Food Lust People Love
- Peach Clafoutis from Cookaholic Wife
- Fresh Peach Shortcake from Palatable Pastime
- Gluten Free Peach Crisp from Cook with Renu
- Peach Glazed Chicken Wings from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Peach BBQ Chicken Legs
3 lbs chicken legs
2 cups Peach BBQ Sauce, divided
2 small fresh peaches, diced small
- In a ziploc bag or large sealable tupperware add the chicken and 1 cup of the BBQ sauce. Shake to coat the chicken and refrigerate, allowing to marinate, at least a couple hours (preferably overnight).
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and place a metal rack over the foil.
- When you turn the oven on, place the remaining 1 cup of sauce and 2 fresh diced peaches in a small saucepan. Bring to a low simmer, reduce heat, cover with a lid and allow to simmer very gently or just stay on low heat while the chicken cooks.
- Arrange the chicken on the rack, and brush generously with any marinade left in the bag / tupperware.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove, marinate again with what was left in the container and then flip the chicken over. Add all remaining marinade from the container over the top of the chicken and return to the oven for an additional 20 minutes (or until internal temperature on the thickest piece of chicken has reached 165 degrees).
- Arrange baked chicken on a platter and drizzle the warm peachy BBQ sauce over the top to serve.
** Want to share this recipe to your favorite social media site? Use the share button at the top or bottom of this post to share to Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter! **
Never knew peaches can be used in this way to grill chicken. The sauce coating on the chicken looks very thick and rickReplyDelete
Love the mix of sweet and savory in your tasty chicken legs, Rebekah! I'm not such a fan of legs but can't wait to give this a try with thighs!ReplyDelete
Great minds once again Rebekah LOL. Your legs look exceptional.ReplyDelete
I love that you went savory. What a great recipe, Rebekah!ReplyDelete
Peaches are a favorite of mine, I love the savory pairing.ReplyDelete
This looks positively succulent!ReplyDelete