Watermelon Salad with Feta and Cucumber for #ImprovCookingChallenge
Welcome to another month of The Improv Cooking Challenge! We were challenged to use Watermelon and Olive Oil in this month's Improv Cooking Challenge. Find our group on Facebook if you're interested in joining in the fun; Nicole from Cookaholic Wife hosts our group!
I have been intrigued by the watermelon / feta flavor combination for awhile, so when I saw we had watermelon and olive oil for this month I set out to find a fruity salad combination that could incorporate all three. You will typically find mint called for in these types of salads as well, and that would have been a lovely addition but I wasn't able to locate any for this recipe!
The cucumber adds a great texture and crunch, and the sweet and juicy watermelon pairs so well with the light tangy vinaigrette and creamy salty feta. This comes together in no time at all and would be absolutely perfect for your summer barbecue meals!
Improv Cooking Challenge - July 2020
Watermelon and Olive Oil
- Watermelon Salad with Feta and Cucumber by Making Miracles
- Andalusian Watermelon Gazpacho by Pandemonium Noshery
- Summery Grilled Haloumi Salad by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Kalingana Saali Polo / Watermelon Rind Dosa by Sneha's Recipe
- Sweet Heat Watermelon Gazpacho by Cookaholic Wife
- Watermelon, Blueberry, and Mint Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Watermelon Chaat Salad By Palatable Pastime
Watermelon Salad with Feta and Cucumber
3 cups watermelon cubed or balled
1 1/2 cups sliced cucumber seeds removed
1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon lime juice
salt and pepper to taste (I started with about 1/8 tsp each)
- Combine the watermelon, cucumbers, and feta in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper together until creamy.
- Drizzle over the mixed watermelon / cucumber and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve. Toss again right before serving.
Recipe adapted from Dinner at the Zoo
I love the sweet savory combo, and the lime sounds like the perfect touch.ReplyDelete
Love feta with watermelon. The saltiness really brings forth the sweetness of the watermelon.ReplyDelete
Delicious and refreshing salad. Love it!ReplyDelete