Cookies and Lemon No Churn Ice Cream for #OurFamilyTable
Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures said: "It's too darned hot to churn ice cream by hand! Let's whip up some easy treats for summer barbecues and parties."
This was such an easy, creamy, lovely ice cream treat! If you enjoy the tang of lemon curd you will love the way it swirls into this heavenly cool treat. This keeps very well in the freezer for a week or more - just keep covered with saran wrap between scoops!
Serve with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a couple shortbread cookies for an extra pretty presentation!
No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
- Cookies and Lemon No Churn Ice Cream by Making Miracles
- No Churn Fresh Peach Frozen Yogurt by That Recipe
- No Churn Keto Ice Cream by Art of Natural Living
- No Churn Roasted Peach and Goat Cheese Ice Cream by Our Good Life
- No Churn Salted Caramel Toffee Pretzel ice Cream by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Cookies and Lemon No Churn Ice Cream
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Pinch fine salt
2 cups heavy cream, cold
1/2 cup jarred lemon curd
1 cup shortbread cookies, crushed (I used 1 sleeve of the girl scout short bread cookies)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk with the vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the cold cream on high until stiff peaks form (be careful not to over mix).
- Blend half of the condensed milk gently into the heavy whipping cream, folding in. Then add all of the whipped cream mixture back into the condensed milk bowl and continue folding until evenly combined.
- Scrape ice cream into a chilled metal loaf pan, and cover with saran wrap. Chill about 2-3 hours until mixture has reached soft serve point. Gently stir in add-ins. Stir the crushed cookies in first to mix evenly, then swirl in the lemon curd so that it doesn't blend in fully but leaves ribbons of lemon.
- Chill another 3 plus hours, until set.
Recipe from Food Network