Grilled Shrimp Tacos for #OurFamilyTable
Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures said: "Labor Day is just a few weeks away. It's notorious for sending summer off with a bang! So, let's get grilling and kick off the end of "summer" with some yummy grilling recipes."
This dish could not be easier, and it couldn't be more delicious either! I am becoming obsessed with variations of seafood tacos, especially when served on my favorite little "street taco" sized tortillas. These grilled shrimp tacos make for the best little bites - stuffed with warm, spiced shrimp, cool crunchy cabbage, and a drizzle of creamy lightly spiced sauce. Absolutely delicious - I think I need to make another round again this week!
Come see all of our grilling ideas we're sharing with you today!
Grilling for Labor Day
- Chicken Gyros by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Greek Steak and Veggie Kabobs by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Grilled Bacon Gouda Burger by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Grilled Beef and Bacon Roulades by That Recipe
- Grilled Meatball Skewers by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled Shrimp and Sausage with Pineapple Skewers by Blogghetti
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos by Making Miracles
- Mixed Seafood Kabobs by Art of Natural Living
- Samurai Steak by Palatable Pastime
Grilled Shrimp Tacos
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
8 "street taco" sized tortillas
2 cups shredded cabbage
squeeze of lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, more to taste
splash of lime juice if desired
- Combine the "spicy sauce" ingredients in a small tupperware, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the shredded cabbage in a small bowl, squeeze the lime juice over the top, and sprinkle with salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Combine the thawed shrimp in a bowl with the olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, and salt. Toss gently to coat.
- Cook shrimp on pre-heated grill until pink and cooked through, on both sides - just a couple minutes total (they will cook quickly!)
- Warm the tortillas.
- Assemble tacos with a few grilled shrimp, sprinkling of prepared cabbage, and drizzle of spicy mayo.