Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake for #BundtBakers
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page. Sue from Palatable Pastime gave us the "Freedom" to make whatever cake we want!We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Bundt Bakers July 2020:
Let Freedom Ring! (Freestyle Bundt Cakes of All Types)
- Bundt Butter Tea Cake from Sneha's Recipe
- Buttery Pound Cake from Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Poppyseed Bundt Cake from Making Miracles
- Red Velvet Bundt Cake with Cherries Fruit Topping and Cream Cheese Icing from Pat Y Co. Candy Bar
- Sourdough Chocolate Bundt Cake from Food Lust People Love
- Strawberry Rhubarb Bundt Cake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
I have been on a lemon kick lately so I gravitated towards the lemony bundt cakes when I was debating which cake to make - it really didn't take me long to settle on a lemon poppy seed flavor profile! This cake is fantastic - it makes a great snack cake, you can add an optional lemony glaze for extra moisture and sweetness, but I prefer to keep my bundt cakes fairly simple - I feel like it makes it easier to justify eating them for breakfast in the morning... because it's really just a muffin... in cake form... this is what I tell myself... don't burst my bubble.
Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons poppy seeds
3/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried lemon zest
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-cup bundt pan with baker's spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the softened butter and sugar and whip until creamy and lightened in color, scraping down the sides as needed. Add the eggs 1 at a time, scraping down between additions as needed. Blend in the vanilla, lemon juice, zest, vegetable oil, and sour cream and blend until all are well combined.
- On low speed, add in the dry ingredients and blend just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Scrape the prepared batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Place cake on a cooling rack and allow to rest in pan for 15-30 minutes, before inverting and allowing cake to complete cooling on the rack.
Recipe from Live Well Bake Often
Lemon poppyseed is one of my favorite flavor profiles. Love that heart bundt pan.ReplyDelete
A delicious and beautiful lemon poppy seed bundt cake.ReplyDelete