Banana Bread Mini Loaves
I saw this pan on a fellow blogger's post not too long ago and decided I had to have one too! This is the first recipe I made in it - and I am in love. With the recipe, and with the pan! These little loaves are just the cutest! And what a great size for gifting, and sharing. You get a terrific amount of crisped top to soft interior ratio.
I am so glad I happened to have 3 bananas getting overly ripe on the counter, this recipe was the perfect way to use them up. Just look at all that beautiful banana goodness inside!
I love the idea of mixing and matching toppings to customize too. Sprinkle some chopped walnuts on a couple, mini chocolate chips on another, toffee bits on a couple more. Lots of ways to personalize depending on who likes what in your house - everyone can have it the way they like it!
Banana Bread Mini Loaves adapted from A Night Owl
3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
1 beaten egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Optional add-ins: chopped pecans or walnuts, mini chocolate chips, PB chips, toffee chips, etc. (max of about 1/2 cup for the batch)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a mini loaf pan with baking or cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the ripe bananas and melted butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and blend until well combined and bananas are broken down.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract, sugar, and cinnamon and blend.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: baking soda, salt, and flour. Blend to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and blend on low speed just until combined, scrape down sides and finish mixing by hand with a spatula.
- If using a mix-in, add in by hand with the spatula - or sprinkle on top of the batter once in the loaf pans so you can have different toppings / ingredients for each loaf.
- Divide batter between mini loaf pan, fill about 1/2 - 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for about 15 minutes, then turn out to complete cooling on a wire rack.