Ham and Brie Puff Pastry Slab Sandwich
This sandwich was SO delicious! Such a simple combination of ingredients that come together for a special and unique hot sandwich. One of my favorite grilled cheese is brie and apple slices - so this just upped the ante with the addition of ham and the tang of Dijon on a base of crisped tender puff pastry.
This is best served fresh - but if you happen to have leftovers, you can reheat on a baking sheet in the oven - just be careful not to over bake them!
You can definitely mix and match cheeses and meats in this one - try turkey and swiss or ham and cheddar with the apple too. Use Honey Mustard in place of Dijon, etc. You can egg wash the top of the puff pastry before baking if desired as well!
1 8-oz wheel brie, outside casing trimmed
12 slices ham lunch meat
1 large gala apple, cored and sliced thinly
1-2 TBS Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat.
- Roll out the puff pastry.
- Smear half of the pastry with dijon, then layer on lunchmeat, apple slices, and chunks of brie.
- Fold the top half of the pastry over and press the edges to seal all the way around.
- Cut a few slits along the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Slide onto a cutting board, slice into pieces and serve hot.
Note: These are very soft, cut into small pieces to make picking them up easier, or serve on a plate with a fork!
Recipe adapted from Striped Spatula
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)