Instant Pot Chicken and Rice for #MulticookerMonday
If you are a blogger looking to join our Multicooker Monday group, request to join our Facebook page, or reach out to Sue of Palatable Pastime! We look forward to cooking with you. Multicooker Monday is a friendly food blogging group where we get together on the third Monday of the month to post recipes for the multicooker: instant pot or pressure cooker, slow cooker, air fryer, sous vide or other cooking device with no theme; anything goes!
This is a super cheesy, sticky, creamy chicken and rice dish that comes together in an absolute snap in the Instant Pot. Every time I try dishes like this in my Instant Pot I fall in love with it even more! I love that everything is done in one pot, no messing up a bunch of other pots and pans, and in the end you have a creamy, easy, cheesy casserole-esque dish that is SUPER easy to customize based on what you have on hand, and the flavors you're in the mood for. Change up the cheese and veggies however you'd like!
Come see all of the multicooker dishes we're sharing with you today!
Multicooker Monday July 2020
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice from Making Miracles
- Crockpot Stuffed Peppers from Veggies First Then Dessert
- Instant Pot Saffron Risotto from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Ghugni/White Peas Curry- Pressure Cooker from Sneha's Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cottage Ham with Green Beans and Potatoes from Palatable Pastime
- Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
2 TBS butter
1½ - 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into bite sized pieces
1 TBS minced garlic
1 small onion, diced
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
4 medium / large carrots, peeled and diced into rounds
1 ⅓ cups white rice (rinsed and drained)
1 ⅓ cups chicken broth
½ cup milk
1½ TBS flour
1 ½ - 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Turn the instant pot to saute mode and add the diced chicken and diced onion, brown for about 5-10 minutes, until you get a little color on the chicken and the onion softens a little bit. Season mixture with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add in rice, diced carrots, and chicken broth. Stir gently to combine and ensure all ingredients are submerged in the liquid.
- Set the pressure cooker for 5 minutes. Allow to natural release for 5-minutes once the cycle completes, and then release steam.
- Whisk the milk and flour together in a small bowl, and stir into the mixture. Turn instant pot to saute, and allow mixture to bubble a little and thicken (and the flour to cook), stir in cheese to taste.