Instant Pot Summer Soup for #SoupSaturdaySwappers
Welcome to the July 2020 Soup Saturday Swappers event led by Wendy of A Day in the Life on Farm! Are you interested in joining this great group of Soup Swappers? Request to join our Facebook group here.
For today's event, Camilla from Culinary Adventures with Camilla invited us to make hot or cold summertime soups. She said: "Create a soup for summertime. It can be a chilled soup such as a gazpacho; it can be a soup that features summer produce; the limit is only your creativity. Have fun! "
This is such a wonderful light soup to really take advantage of and enjoy your summertime produce! I used a combination of squash for the zucchini (patty pan, yellow, and zucchini) which I had received from my egg farmer! Lightly seasoned, flavorful broth, and lots of other fresh veggies - tomatoes, carrots, and corn - make this a perfect summery soup. It reheats and even freezes well if needed! This is also a good "kitchen sink" type soup - use random leftovers in place of called for ingredients pretty easily. Got some leftover baked / grilled / roasted chicken? Use that! Got some random cooked veggies in need of a home? Throw those in at the end! Got some fresh tomatoes in need of use? Use them instead of canned!
- Carrot, Beet Red Apple Soup by Sneha's Recipe
- Chilled Peach Soup with Labneh by Palatable Pastime
- Cucumber Gazpacho by Veggies First Then Dessert
- Fresh Summer Corn Chowder by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Instant Pot Summer Soup by Making Miracles
- Summer Fresh Corn Chowder by Pandemonium Noshery
- Summer Vegetable Soup with Sausage and Lentils by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Zucchini and Summer Squash Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Instant Pot Summer Soup
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced small
2 (14-oz) cans diced tomatoes
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 TBS minced garlic (jarred)
1/2 cup brown rice (uncooked, if using already cooked use at least 1 cup)
6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons salt
4 cups diced summer squash (patty pan, yellow, zucchini, etc.)
2 cups of fresh corn kernels, cut off the cob (or 1 14-oz can of corn, drained)
Toppings: Parmesan, lemon juice, plain yogurt, fresh herbs, freshly ground pepper, etc.
- Combine your chicken, diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, garlic, brown rice (if using uncooked), broth, and all the seasonings into the instant pot.
- Set the pressure cooker for 20 minutes, then quick release the steam.
- Add in the zucchini and corn (if using fresh). Set the pressure cooker for another 5 minutes.
- Now add in any pre-cooked ingredients if using in place of fresh (such as the rice or canned corn). Stir to combine, taste test, and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Enjoy with your desired toppings!
** Want to share this recipe to your favorite social media site? Use the share button at the top or bottom of this post to share to Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter! **