Spicy Thai Curry Pumpkin Noodle Soup for #PumpkinWeek
Pumpkin season is here, and we are celebrating our love of pumpkin with #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures. All week-long 26 bloggers will be sharing over 80 pumpkin-filled recipes for all your Autumn celebrations, including breakfasts, baked goods, savory pumpkin recipes, desserts, and drinks.
This soup is hearty, full of rich pumpkin flavor, with light touches of basil, and the meaty mushrooms add some great texture. I loved the udon noodles in this recipe. It's simple, comes together in no time, and is wonderful for "something different" with pumpkin!
I really loved the roasted peanuts on top for some fantastic texture in the dish. I would definitely make a point to chop the shiitake mushrooms into small pieces next time, just so you don't have to chew them quite so much. They are very meaty and a little tough even after soaking since they start out dehydrated; but it was my first time working with dried shiitake mushrooms so it was a great learning experience! And they tasted wonderful in this dish.
- Hot Pumpkin Apple Cider by Palatable Pastime
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Amish Friendship Bread by For the Love of Food
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Bread by Big Bear's Wife
- Cranberry Pumpkin Sourdough Bread by The Spiffy Cookie
- Disney's Pumpkin Muffins by Simply Inspired Meals
- Easy Pumpkin Bread by Veggies First Then Dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Monkey Bread by Love & Confections
- Keto Pumpkin Bread by Keto Basic AF
- Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Recipe by Blogghetti
- Pumpkin Croissants by The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie by Our Sutton Place
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Spice Granola by The Mandatory Mooch
- Pumpkin-Apple Muffins by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Vegan Pumpkin Spiced Crepes by Happily Curated Chaos
- Fall Harvest Chowder by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Cheddar Grits with Bacon and Apples by Sweet Beginnings
- Pumpkin Chili by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pumpkin Ravioli by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Spiced Pumpkin Hummus by Our Good Life
- Spicy Thai Curry Pumpkin Noodle Soup by Making Miracles
- Candied Pumpkin Pie by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Easy Pumpkin Turnovers w/ a Chocolate Candy Drizzle by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake by Shockingly Delicious
- Pumpkin Macarons by April Golightly
- Tikvenik - (Bulgarian Pumpkin Strudel) by Caroline's Cooking
Spicy Thai Curry Pumpkin Noodle Soup
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons Thai red curry paste
1 cup Shiitake mushrooms dried
2 cups pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons dried Thai basil
1-2 teaspoon Fish sauce optional
2-3 cups vegetable broth
1 1/2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Thick coconut milk
150 grams Udon Noodles
Salt to taste
Roasted peanuts and Thai basil for topping
- Place dried shiitakes in 1/2 cup of boiling hot water and set aside to soak for at least 30 minutes before preparing soup. Chop the mushrooms into smaller pieces if desired once reconstituted.
- Heat the oil in a soup pot and stir the curry paste into the hot oil, stir in the pumpkin puree, shiitakes, fish sauce, 1 1/2 cups of broth, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk 1/2 cup of broth together with the 3/4 cup of coconut milk until well blended and smooth, then stir mixture into the soup. Season with about 1 tsp of salt; taste and add additional salt if desired. Bring to a low simmer, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until mushrooms are tender - add in another cup of broth if soup is too thick.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles per package directions, and then immediately immerse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- When mushrooms are tender, stir noodles in and heat through about 5 minutes. Taste; adjust seasonings as desired. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with additional Thai basil and roasted peanuts.
Recipe from My Food Story
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)