Perfect Buttermilk Pancakes


Pancakes are one of those things that I am ALWAYS trying new recipes for - I've never completely fallen in love with the ones I've made in the past, so I just keep trying new recipes to contrast and compare flavor, fluffiness, texture, sweetness, etc. 


Don't get me wrong - there are very few recipes I would say I've disliked - but we all have that "one" we're looking for, that meets our criteria for "best" which is incredibly subjective! For me - this recipe might just be "it". I loved the texture, flavor, fluffiness and ease of making the recipe. They were wonderful pancakes, and this makes a pretty good sized batch so there was a handful leftover for someone to enjoy the next day as well. I will definitely be revisiting this recipe the next time we make up a batch of pancakes for breakfast!


Perfect Buttermilk Pancakes

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 ¼ teaspoons salt
2 ½ cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Nonstick cooking spray / butter for the pan

Directions
  1. Combine the buttermilk and eggs in a bowl and whisk to combine; add in the melted butter and whisk to blend.
  2. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add in your wet. Blend just until combined - do not over mix!
  3. Heat a large griddle / skillet over medium to medium high heat (adjust temperature as needed during cooking).
  4. Spray the griddle with nonstick cooking spray or prep with some butter. Spread about 1/4 - 1/3 cup of batter at a time. When pancakes are beginning to look dry around the edges and bubbles have formed, flip them and cook another minute until golden brown on both sides.
  5. Serve warm with your favorite toppings! 

Recipe from NY Times Cooking

Comments

Popular Posts