Colorful Veggie Bake


I had bought a brick of Velveeta for a recipe not too long ago... but then I had quite a bit of leftover Velveeta in my refrigerator! This is something I really don't buy that often (not that I have anything against it) so I don't really have a lot of "go to" recipes on hand!


Without a doubt, Velveeta makes a wonderfully creamy cheese sauce to coat veggies in - so when I looked at side dish recipes I couldn't wait to try this one out. A great way to use up frozen veggies if you have some on hand, and give them a lovely cheesy coating, with a buttery cracker topping to tuck them in. It was delicious - and we would definitely use it again!


Colorful Veggie Bake

Ingredients
32-oz frozen mixed vegetables
8 ounces processed cheese (Velveeta), cubed
6 tablespoons butter, divided
1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 13 crackers)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the vegetables per package directions; drain and spread half in the prepped baking dish.
  3. In a saucepan, melt 4 Tablespoons of butter with the Velveeta cheese until smooth. Pour half of the cheese over the first layer of vegetables; repeat those two layers using the last of the vegetables and cheese sauce. 
  4. Melt remaining butter and toss with the crushed crackers; sprinkle over the vegetables.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until topping is golden brown.
Recipe from Taste of Home

Comments

Popular Posts