Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars for #PumpkinWeek
Pumpkin season is here, and we are celebrating our love of pumpkin with #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures. All week-long 26 bloggers will be sharing over 80 pumpkin-filled recipes for all your Autumn celebrations, including breakfasts, baked goods, savory pumpkin recipes, desserts, and drinks.
Today I am sharing the most DELICIOUS pumpkin cream cheese bars! OH my goodness y'all - please run to the kitchen and make these ASAP; or better yet just make sure you're stocked on cream cheese and whip up a batch for your Thanksgiving Day dessert! This is "Better Than Pumpkin Pie" according to my sister. They're so light, fluffy, not overly sweet, the most perfect creamy texture! There is nothing I would change about these - they're absolutely wonderful!
See all of our Wednesday Pumpkin Week recipes!
- Disney Pumpkin Milkshakes by Simply Inspired Meals
- Iced Pumpkin Spiced Latte by April Golightly
- Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Smoothies by Our Good Life
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup by Caroline's Cooking
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Spiced Pumpkin Donut Holes by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Pumpkin Oatmeal by Veggies First Then Dessert
- Keto Pumpkin Muffins by Keto Basic AF
- Healthy Harvest Pumpkin Mac and Cheese by Our Sutton Place
- Fresh Pumpkin Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Pumpkin Stuffed Shells by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Stuffing by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 packages (8-ounces) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 can (15-ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, room temperature
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs with the sugar and melted butter in a medium bowl and stir until crumbs are evenly coated with the butter. Press crumb mixture evenly into the prepared 9x13 pan and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Whip the softened cream cheese and the 3/4 cup sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer until evenly combined, scraping down the sides and bottom a couple times to ensure mixture is evenly blended.
- Add in the pumpkin, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract and blend again until well combined and fluffy, again scraping down the sides as necessary. Blend in the eggs one at a time just until well incorporated.
- Spread the filling mixture over the chilled base layer and baked for 35-45 minutes, until the middle is almost fully set (a little wiggle is ok). Cool on a wire rack for at least an hour, and then refrigerate 8 hour or overnight before slicing and serving.