Smoked Salmon Club Sandwich for #FishFridayFoodies


Would you like to join Fish Friday Foodies?  We post and share new seafood/fish recipes on the third Friday of the month.  To join our group please email Wendy at wendyklik1517@gmail.com. Visit our Facebook page and Pinterest page for more wonderful fish and seafood recipe ideas.


Stacy from Food Lust People Love invited us to make a seafood dish featuring smoked fish! "Our theme for this event is Smoked Fish - smoke your own or use smoked fish in a recipe!"  

This was a great opportunity to branch out a little - I don't think I've ever bought smoked fish before! I have enjoyed it a few times - I do love a good cream cheese bagel with lox and capers... yumm! But I only eat it maybe once every couple of years or so! I thought a little about the recipe options with smoked fish and then ran a quick search and when I stumbled across the idea of a club sandwich with the addition of smoked salmon, I was in!


This sandwich is delicious - what a beautiful way to enjoy this rich ingredient! All of the classic club ingredients, and a thin layer of smoked salmon with that cream cheese spread instead of mayo. It's an elevated club for sure - and one that we really enjoyed! The salmon is subtle, but you can taste a little in each bite.

Come see all of our smoked fish recipes!


Smoked Salmon Club Sandwich
Makes 4 Sandwiches

Ingredients
8 slices sourdough bread
3-4 oz cream cheese
4-8 oz smoked salmon
8 slices of ham lunch meat
8 slices cooked bacon
4 romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
16-20 pickle rounds
2 medium tomatoes sliced

Instructions
  1. Toast your sourdough bread to your preferred crispiness, and spread about 3/4 - 1 oz of cream cheese on 4 of the bread slices.
  2. Lay the slice of smoked salmon atop the cream cheese, and layer the lunch meat, bacon, lettuce, pickles, and tomato slices next. Top with another piece of toasted bread.
  3. Slice in half if desired, serve, and enjoy!

Recipe inspired by Not Enough Cinnamon

Comments

  1. What a delicious sandwich, this will make a perfect brunch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all of the ingredients, and it's lunch time! Guess what I'm having?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we had My Marina from Russia I would pack her smoked salmon sandwiches with cream cheese every day in her lunch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts