Smoked Salmon Club Sandwich for #FishFridayFoodies
Would you like to join Fish Friday Foodies? We post and share new seafood/fish recipes on the third Friday of the month. To join our group please email Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our Facebook page and Pinterest page for more wonderful fish and seafood recipe ideas.
Stacy from Food Lust People Love invited us to make a seafood dish featuring smoked fish! "Our theme for this event is Smoked Fish - smoke your own or use smoked fish in a recipe!"
This was a great opportunity to branch out a little - I don't think I've ever bought smoked fish before! I have enjoyed it a few times - I do love a good cream cheese bagel with lox and capers... yumm! But I only eat it maybe once every couple of years or so! I thought a little about the recipe options with smoked fish and then ran a quick search and when I stumbled across the idea of a club sandwich with the addition of smoked salmon, I was in!
This sandwich is delicious - what a beautiful way to enjoy this rich ingredient! All of the classic club ingredients, and a thin layer of smoked salmon with that cream cheese spread instead of mayo. It's an elevated club for sure - and one that we really enjoyed! The salmon is subtle, but you can taste a little in each bite.
Come see all of our smoked fish recipes!
- Gougères Stuffed with Smoked Salmon Mousse from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Smoked Fish Dip from Veggies First Then Dessert
- Smoked Salmon Club Sandwich from Making Miracles
- Smoked Salmon Stuffed Deviled Eggs from Food Lust People Love
- Smoked Salmon Quiche from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Smoked Whitefish Dip from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoked Whole Pomfret Fish Fry from Sneha's Recipe
- Yubuchobap - Smoked Salmon Sushi Pockets from Palatable Pastime
Smoked Salmon Club Sandwich
Makes 4 Sandwiches
8 slices sourdough bread
3-4 oz cream cheese
4-8 oz smoked salmon
8 slices of ham lunch meat
8 slices cooked bacon
4 romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
16-20 pickle rounds
2 medium tomatoes sliced
- Toast your sourdough bread to your preferred crispiness, and spread about 3/4 - 1 oz of cream cheese on 4 of the bread slices.
- Lay the slice of smoked salmon atop the cream cheese, and layer the lunch meat, bacon, lettuce, pickles, and tomato slices next. Top with another piece of toasted bread.
- Slice in half if desired, serve, and enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Not Enough Cinnamon
What a delicious sandwich, this will make a perfect brunch too!ReplyDelete
I have all of the ingredients, and it's lunch time! Guess what I'm having?ReplyDelete
When we had My Marina from Russia I would pack her smoked salmon sandwiches with cream cheese every day in her lunch.ReplyDelete