Instant Pot Ragu for #MulticookerMonday
If you are a blogger looking to join our Multicooker Monday group, request to join our Facebook page, or reach out to Sue of Palatable Pastime! We look forward to cooking with you. Multicooker Monday is a friendly food blogging group where we get together on the third Monday of the month to post recipes for the multicooker: instant pot or pressure cooker, slow cooker, air fryer, sous vide or other cooking device with no theme; anything goes!
This sauce is so delicious! It is rich, hearty, studded with vegetables and tender beef, and has a wonderful depth of flavor - and that flavor develops in a very short amount of time thanks to the Instant Pot!
You can serve this with a sprinkle of fresh parsley or some parmesan cheese if you'd like. The carrots and onion add a little bit of extra vegetable content to the tomato based sauce, and those bits of beef are fall apart tender and perfect.
This is a great change of pace from a basic spaghetti night recipe for something just a little different; the red wine adds such great flavor! And always cook with a wine you like drinking - so you can serve a glass with the meal. :)
Come see all of our Multicooker Monday dishes for September!
- Air Fryer Roasted Red Pumpkin Bharta - Khaddu Ka Bharta from Sneha’s Recipe
- Chicken Chickpea Masala - Instant Pot from Food Lust People Love
- Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast with Orange Apple Chutney from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Instant Pot Ragu from Making Miracles
- Slow Cooker Beef Oxtails from Palatable Pastime
- Thai Red Curry Baby Back Ribs (Instant Pot) from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Toaster Oven Baked Eggs from Veggies First Then Dessert
- Toaster Oven Corn Bread from Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
Instant Pot Ragu
16 ounces fettuccine pasta
2 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, excess fat trimmed and cut into 2-inch chunks
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon minced garlic (jarred)
1 small onion, diced
1 carrot, peeled and diced into small rounds / chunks
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Pinch (about 1/8 tsp) of ground cinnamon
1 bay leaf
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode and season beef with salt and pepper. Add the oil to the pot and when the Instant Pot is hot, sauté the beef along with the diced onion until browned.
- Add in the minced garlic and sauté another minute until fragrant. Use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits that have stuck off the bottom of the pot to prevent a burn notice.
- Add in the carrot, tomato paste, red wine, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, thyme, cinnamon and bay leaf.
- Stir to ensure everything is evenly coated and submerged in the liquid.
- Set the instant pot for 30 minutes. When the cycle has completed, quick release the pressure.
- While the dish is cooking, prepare the pasta per package directions until cooked to your desired tenderness.
- Once the ragu is done, shred the beef with two forks if desired and then give the sauce a stir, taste, and adjust seasonings. Discard the bay leaf. Serve over the hot cooked noodles.