Peachy French Toast
It's peaches season!! Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm invited the Festive Foodies to join her in a little bit of peach recipe love.
This is another breakfast casserole iteration that we enjoyed not too long ago. I am completely in love with baked french toast and oatmeal casseroles. They are the perfect vessels to use up odds and ends of fruits, bread, etc.
This version has juicy peaches baked alongside a wonderfully gooey brioche bread based casserole with a wonderful brown sugar topping which gives it just a little something special. It would be perfect on a brunch table! You can definitely prep this one the evening prior, and pull it out to warm a little before baking if you plan ahead (just don't make / add the crumble topping until you're ready to bake).
See all of our "Plethora of Peaches" recipes today!
Peachy French Toast
8 cups Brioche Bread, cubed
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2-3 medium peaches, sliced
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup oats
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, whipping cream, milk, brown sugar, and vanilla. Arrange the diced bread in the baking dish, and sprinkle the sliced peaces over the top. Pour the egg mixture over the top, pressing gently to evenly soak all the bread pieces.
- In a small bowl, prepare the topping by stirring together the brown sugar, flour, oats, and cinnamon. Use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over the casserole dish.
- Allow casserole to stand and soak while the oven is preheated to 350 degrees.
- When oven is ready, bake for 35-40 minutes, until set in the middle and golden brown around the edges.
- Serve warm drizzled with maple syrup, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Spend with Pennies