Eyeball Pasta for #OurFamilyTable
Welcome to #OurFamilyTable! We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! Come find us on our Pinterest board. Are you a blogger who's interested in joining the fun? Visit our group page and request to join!
Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures said: "Halloween is a little over a month away. Create some creepy, spookily scrumptious, and devilishly delicious recipes to serve for Halloween."
Here we are at the end of September and October is looming! And with the change of the month, comes our increased excitement for Halloween. Though this year is going to look a lot different, we will definitely find a way to enjoy decorating, dressing up, and that will definitely include some spooky fun recipes! I can't wait to take a look at all the deliciously scary treats that my fellow festive foodies have shared today for inspiration!
This spaghetti and meatballs recipe is kid friendly, easy to whip up, and super tasty too! You can use your favorite marinara (I used a jarred recipe that I added a little bit of seasoning / parmesan to), and you can use dye on your spaghetti noodles or not. I added a little bit of green to the noodles after they boiled just for a little extra Halloween festivity on the plate!
The meatballs are delicious, especially with the little extra bit of cheese on top. This is definitely a fun and festive recipe for Halloween to make and share with your little boys and ghouls!
Haunting Halloween RecipesEyeball Pasta by Making Miracles
Graveyard Chocolate Mousse by Art of Natural Living
Homemade Candy Corn by That Recipe
Spiced Caramel Halloween Graveyard Cupcakes by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Strawberry Cheesecake Brain by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Witch Finger Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
Witches Brooms by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a large pot of water on to boil while you prepare the meatballs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, mince garlic, parsley, egg, salt, and pepper until evenly combined. Form 1" meatballs and place them on a baking sheet.
- When oven is preheated, place meatballs in the oven for 14-16 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in the boiling water until it reaches your desired tenderness. Drain. Return to the pot and add about 15-20 drops of green food dye, and toss the pasta until it reaches your desired shade of green (optional).
- When meatballs are cooked through, remove them and place small rounds of mozzarella topped with a small round of olive on top and return to the oven for 3-5 minutes, until the cheese has mostly melted.
- Arrange pasta on a plate, topped with marinara and 3-4 meatballs / eyes per plate.