Bourbon Marinated Steak


Welcome to the weekend! We made it to Saturday, thankfully. It's been a busy, and very quick, week. We were able to spend a few days last week for my daughter's 7th birthday at a little cabin and it was really good for a change of scenery (and a HOT TUB) but I got behind on some of my blogging projects, so they've been a little on top of each other this week! But Pumpkin Week has now come to an end (go back and see all of those AMAZING pumpkin recipes from the past week if you missed them) and now it's back to our regularly scheduled programming... mostly! Lindsey has ballet twice a week, and swim lessons once a week, plus full time working from home and her virtual school. The work week passes SO quickly just trying to stay on top of all of that. It's amazing to me how quickly the days are flying by and how I often don't feel like I'm getting anything done!


Now - onto the actual recipe I'm sharing today! This steak is infused with such a wonderful flavor; it's a terrific marinade that works perfect for steaks on the grill. It also adds additional tenderness to your meat while it marinates. We might be at the tail end of grilling weather, but hopefully you can get at least one or two more decent weather days to squeeze in one or two more grilling sessions! 

If you can't break out the outside grill, a grill plate or something like a Griddler work great too for the cooler days. I can't decide if I feel ready for fall or not, honestly. I feel like so much of our late summer / early fall activities have disappeared this year so I'm kind of sad to already be at this transition knowing all of those opportunities this year are gone now... I'm still hopeful for next year though. I missed food trucks, fairs, and festivals this year!


Bourbon Marinated Steak

Ingredients
1/3 cup bourbon (I used Southern Comfort)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1 TBS minced garlic (jarred)
2 TBS Dijon mustard
2 TBS red wine vinegar
1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp hot sauce (or just a dash or two if you prefer)
2 pounds steak (I used T-Bones)

Directions
  1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a resealable tupperware or bowl, blend with a whisk to combine. Add steaks into tupperware, or pour marinade over steaks in a sealable container or ziploc bag to coat. Allow to soak at least 6 hours, up to overnight.
  2. Prep a grill to medium-high heat when ready to cook - spray with nonstick cooking spray, and cook steaks on both sides a couple minutes (depending on thickness), to desired doneness.
  3. Allow to rest a couple minutes before slicing and serving.

Recipe adapted from Spiced Blog

Comments

Popular Posts