Sweet Chili-Lime Grilled Chicken for #BBQWeek
Welcome to BBQ Week!! Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures said: "Put your thinking caps on and make some BBQ party worthy recipes! Grilling meats, rubs, sides, salads, desserts! If you've seen it at a BBQ then make it and share it!"
We will be here ALL WEEK LONG with gorgeous recipes to inspire your warm weather cooking - I cannot wait to see what everyone is bringing to the table!
Monday #BBQWeek Recipes
- Amazing Foil Packets On The Grill With Steak And Potatoes by Our Crafty Mom
- Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts by Sweet Beginnings
- Cherry Lime Margarita by Family Around the Table
- DIY Marzetti's Slaw Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Crock Pot Pork Butt Pulled Pork by Intelligent Domestications
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Pulled Pork by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Calico Baked Beans by Blogghetti
- Smoked BBQ Brisket by The Spiffy Cookie
- Smoked Pork Butt Tacos by Our Good Life
- Southwestern Mini Grilled Pork Sandwiches by The Freshman Cook
- Sweet Chili-Lime Grilled Chicken by Making Miracles
- Winey Burgers by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
This was such a quick, easy, and delicious chicken marinade! And you really can't ask for much better than that. When I know I have a marinade for my chicken, I try to put it in at least 24 hours prior to give the meat plenty of time to soak up all that good flavor - so I put this one in a ziploc with the marinade the afternoon prior to grilling it up.
I like to use my Cuisinart Griddler for convenience - but if you are itching to get outside and fire up your grill these would be wonderful for sizzling over the open flame!
The chicken came out perfectly tender, so moist, with a touch of heat from the sweet chili sauce, and a lovely tang from the lime. They just worked beautifully together!
I made this as part of a 3-dish meal that I will be sharing over the course of this coming week for #BBQWeek - the chicken, a deliciously tangy southwestern pasta salad, and some refreshing watermelon lemonade, so come back for those recipes soon!
Sweet Chili-Lime Grilled Chicken from Delish
3/4 cup sweet chili sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
Oil for grill
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large ziploc bag or a large tupperware. Stir / shake to blend ingredients and add in the chicken, turning to coat well.
- Refrigerate at least a few hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready, spray your grill with nonstick cooking spray, or brush with oil. Heat the grill or griddler.
- Cook chicken to at least 165 degrees before serving. Check and adjust the heat if chicken is cooking too quickly. Allow to rest a few minutes before slicing and serving.
** Want to share this recipe to your favorite social media site? Use the share button at the top or bottom of this post to share to Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter! **
Woohoooo. I know what's going on the menu for next week. That marinade sounds perfect.ReplyDelete
Perfect for summer entertaining! Sounds like such a delicious recipe.ReplyDelete
Love how simple and delicious this looks!ReplyDelete
I love the sound of your marinade! It sounds sooo good! I am looking forward to trying it very soon!ReplyDelete
I am a total sucker for grilled chicken! Especially one with a delicious marinade like that one.ReplyDelete
We grill chicken so much...nice to have a yummy new recipe for itReplyDelete