Kitchen Sink Burger for #BurgerMonth
Welcome to May!! It is National Hamburger Month - and we're celebrating with an incredible month-long event hosted by Girl Carnivore, but my burgers and opinions are always my own. I can't wait for you to take a moment to look through some of these delicious recipes and get inspired. Definitely scroll all the way down for the giveaway. Thanks to our fantastic sponsors for some terrific prizes for you!
We are joined by a great group of bloggers - take a moment to swing by their blogs and see what delicious recipes they're sharing for #BurgerMonth too.
🍔 Girl Carnivore 🍔 A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures 🍔A Day in the Life on the Farm 🍔 A Merry Recipe 🍔 An Affair from the Heart 🍔Art of Natural Living 🍔 Caroline's Cooking 🍔Chef Justin Grimm 🍔Chiles and Smoke 🍔 City Living Boston 🍔Comfortably Domestic 🍔Culinary Adventures with Camilla 🍔 Everyday Eileen 🍔 Everyday Southwest 🍔 For the Love of Food 🍔Good Cook Doris 🍔Grillax: Fire. Food. Fun. 🍔 Grilling Montana 🍔 Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks 🍔 Jolene's Recipe Journal 🍔 Karen's Kitchen Stories 🍔 Kate's Recipe Box 🍔Kudos Kitchen by Renee 🍔Life Currents 🍔 Life of a Ginger 🍔Making Miracles 🍔Man Meat BBQ 🍔 Miss in the KItchen 🍔Off the Eaten Path 🍔Our Good Life 🍔 Palatable Pastime 🍔 Pastry Chef Online 🍔 Real Life With Dad 🍔Renee Nicole's Kitchen - Everyday Gourmet 🍔 Sarah's Cucina Bella 🍔Savoring Midlife 🍔 Seduction in the Kitchen 🍔 Simple and Savory 🍔 Spoonabilities 🍔 Sumptuous Spoonfuls 🍔 Swirls of Flavor 🍔 The Redhead Baker 🍔 The Spiffy Cookie 🍔This is How I Cook 🍔 Thyme for Cocktails 🍔What's Cooking Italian Style Cuisine 🍔 Wildflour's Cottage Kitchen 🍔Wile E. BBQ 🍔 Wok & Skillet 🍔
Today I am sharing these amazing Kitchen Sink burgers with you - they're inspired by the ones you can order at Ted's Montana Grill - and I've had a couple in the past few years, it's my favorite thing to order there (we probably visit maybe every other year or so)! Ted's has all of their burgers available in bison or beef, it's a fun place to take people to who are visiting from out of town.
These burgers are STUFFED with so many goodies - bacon, ham, beef, cheese, a fried egg, and a giant pile of onions and mushrooms sauteed to perfection. It's a lot going on - it's a party in your mouth! I am a sucker for eggs on burgers - the first time I was exposed to that was while we were living in Senegal, there's just something about that creamy yolk when you bite in... mmm. It adds something extra that I'm a huge fan of!
We used homemade Everything Bagel buns for these - and oh those were fantastic!! Use your favorite hamburger bun or if you're feeling adventurous, give this recipe a try!
Kitchen Sink Burger inspired by 4theloveoffoodblog
1 lb ground beef
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
6 slices bacon
3 hamburger buns
1 medium yellow onions, sliced thinly
8-oz package baby bella mushrooms, sliced
6 slices ham lunch meat (or 3 slices of regular ham)
3 slices baby Swiss cheese
1 1/2 TBS Dijon Mustard (or Honey Mustard)
1 1/2 TBS mayonnaise
- Combine the ground beef with the salt and pepper, shape into 3 burger patties, cover and refrigerate.
- Fry the bacon in a large non-stick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. When the bacon is cooked to your desired crispiness, remove to paper towels to drain. Leave the accumulated grease in the skillet.
- Add in the sliced onions to the skillet and saute until they begin to get a little color on the and are starting to soften - 8-10 minutes or so. Then add in the sliced mushrooms and continue cooking mixture until well browned and very tender - another 10 minutes or so. Season lightly with salt and pepper during cooking.
- Scrape the onion / mushroom mixture out of the skillet into a bowl, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Fry the eggs to over-easy or over-medium (your preference, yolk should still be runny). Remove eggs from pan and set them on a plate - cover with a slice of cheese each and allow cheese to begin to melt. Add 2 pieces of criss-crossed bacon over the cheese slices.
- Meanwhile, spray skillet again with a little non-stick cooking spray and fry up the lunch meat / ham slices until browned on each side.
- Divide fried ham over the top of the prepped egg / cheese / bacon stacks.
- You can then either fry the hamburgers in the same skillet, or you can have cooked them while the toppings were finishing up on a griddle, the grill, or in another skillet. Cook to your desired done-ness.
- Assemble by placing the bottom half of the bun on a plate. Top with a cooked hamburger patty, and then add the stack of egg / cheese / bacon / ham on top of the burger. Generously pile some of the sauteed onions and mushrooms on top of the ham. Smear about 1/2 TBS or mustard and mayonnaise on the inside of the top half of the burger bun and place atop your stack! Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BurgerMonth Sponsors: Cabot, Anvil & Hammer, New York Beef Council, Red Duck Foods, and Spoonabilities for providing prizes for this epic event. All opinions are my own. The #BurgerMonth giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 and up. All winning entries are verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness.
The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. One winner for each weekly giveaway will be selected. The prize packages are sent directly from the sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen. The #BurgerMonth Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #BurgerMonth posts or entry.
** If you want to share this recipe to your favorite Social Media site, just click the SHARE button at the top or bottom of this post and link directly to Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest! **
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)