Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Using your instant pot for a batch of Hard Boiled Eggs doesn't necessarily take any less time than your traditional boiling method, but it's super easy and very hands off which makes it worth trying (or it did in my book!) Most people who've shared this method will tell you it results in perfect, easy peel eggs too. Unfortunately I can't confirm that 100% with my eggs - I still had a little bit of sticking (as you can see in the bottom image) but not bad at all.
I would definitely give this method a try again - I love how set it and forget it it was! Lay everything in the pot and pretty much walk away for 10 minutes. Straight into the ice bath and good to go!
We used these for Lindsey's Easter eggs last month, she had a great time coloring and decorating them. I must say I was pretty impressed with how well brown eggs pick up egg dye! They came out beautifully.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs from A Day In The Life On The Farm
1 dozen eggs
1 cup water
Water and Ice (for ice bath)
- Place an insert in your instant pot (I used this one). Pour the cup of water in the base of the instant pot and lay the eggs evenly over the insert.
- Set your instant pot (high heat) for 5-minutes on the Pressure Cook setting.
- Once the pot comes up to heat and has cooked for 5 minutes, allow it to release naturally for 5 minutes before venting the remaining pressure.
- Prepare a medium to large bowl of ice water.
- Once the pressure has been fully vented, carefully move the eggs from the instant pot into the ice water bath and allow to chill for at least 5 minutes, before peeling or moving to the refrigerator.