Copycat Red Robin Whiskey River BBQ Burger for #BurgerMonth with #GirlCarnivore
Welcome to May!! It is National Hamburger Month - and we're celebrating with an incredible month-long event hosted by Girl Carnivore, but my burgers and opinions are always my own. I can't wait for you to take a moment to look through some of these delicious recipes and get inspired. Definitely scroll all the way down for the giveaway! Thanks to our fantastic sponsors for some terrific prizes for you!
We are joined by a great group of bloggers - take a moment to swing by their blogs and see what delicious recipes they're sharing for #BurgerMonth too.
🍔 Girl Carnivore 🍔 A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures 🍔A Day in the Life on the Farm 🍔 A Merry Recipe 🍔 An Affair from the Heart 🍔Art of Natural Living 🍔 Caroline's Cooking 🍔Chef Justin Grimm 🍔Chiles and Smoke 🍔 City Living Boston 🍔Comfortably Domestic 🍔Culinary Adventures with Camilla 🍔 Everyday Eileen 🍔 Everyday Southwest 🍔 For the Love of Food 🍔Good Cook Doris 🍔Grillax: Fire. Food. Fun. 🍔 Grilling Montana 🍔 Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks 🍔 Jolene's Recipe Journal 🍔 Karen's Kitchen Stories 🍔 Kate's Recipe Box 🍔Kudos Kitchen by Renee 🍔Life Currents 🍔 Life of a Ginger 🍔Making Miracles 🍔Man Meat BBQ 🍔 Miss in the KItchen 🍔Off the Eaten Path 🍔Our Good Life 🍔 Palatable Pastime 🍔 Pastry Chef Online 🍔 Real Life With Dad 🍔Renee Nicole's Kitchen - Everyday Gourmet 🍔 Sarah's Cucina Bella 🍔Savoring Midlife 🍔 Seduction in the Kitchen 🍔 Simple and Savory 🍔 Spoonabilities 🍔 Sumptuous Spoonfuls 🍔 Swirls of Flavor 🍔 The Redhead Baker 🍔 The Spiffy Cookie 🍔This is How I Cook 🍔 Thyme for Cocktails 🍔What's Cooking Italian Style Cuisine 🍔 Wildflour's Cottage Kitchen 🍔Wile E. BBQ 🍔 Wok & Skillet 🍔
Do yourself and put this burger on your "to-try" list when you have a little bit of time to invest - the sauce and crispy onions really "make" this special and it is SO delicious all together!
I have loved Red Robin burgers for many years - we don't visit often, but when we lived in Washington state many moons ago it was an annual family tradition to get together there for a couple birthdays each year so it's one of the few restaurants I remember going to somewhat "regularly" as a child! I was excited when I found out there are a couple in Georgia as well, and we've visited the one not too far from us a couple times in the 5 years I've lived in this area.
This burger is full of fantastic flavors and textures. I love, love those fried onions. My daughter just ate them up by themselves, and the BBQ sauce is really, really, really good. Lots of great flavor in that one. I used the leftover sauce in some shredded BBQ pork... mmmm mmmm good!
Copycat Red Robin Whiskey River BBQ Burger from Love Bakes Good Cakes
1 lbs ground beef
1/2 TBS seasoning salt
Oil, for brushing on burgers (or spray your griddle / grill plates with nonstick cooking spray before heating)
3 seeded hamburger buns
4-6 TBS mayonnaise
Crispy Onion Straws (recipe below)
Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce (recipe below)
3 slices cheddar cheese
3-6 slices tomato (I didn't have any, so had to leave this out)
1 cup chopped lettuce
- Combine ground beef with seasoning salt until well mixed and shape into 3 burger patties.
- Brush patties lightly with oil and grill on your preferred grill / griddler until cooked to medium well (about 5-8 minutes, depending on burger thickness).
- Turn off heat and lay a slice of cheddar on each.
- Spread 1-2 TBS mayonnaise on the bottom bun, and pile on a handful of Crispy Onion Straws. Place burger atop onion straws and add a generous amount of the Bourbon Whiskey BBQ sauce over the melted cheese, and brush some on the inside of the top bun as well. Top with sliced tomatoes and lettuce, placing top bun on when complete.
Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce from Love Bakes Good Cakes
1 small onion, finely chopped
4-6 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup bourbon whiskey
2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. liquid smoke flavoring
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- Combine the onion, minced garlic, and whiskey in a medium saucepan; bring mixture to a low simmer for about 5-8 minutes (my liquor simmered off pretty quickly, so keep an eye on it).
- Add all remaining ingredients to the saucepan, turn heat down to a very low simmer, and let it cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Store in a sealable container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks (if it lasts that long).
Crispy Onion Straws from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Ingredients1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp seasoning salt, more / less to taste
1 tsp pepper, more / less to taste
Oil, for frying
- Combine the thinly sliced onions (a mandolin works very well for this task!) in a seal-able container with the 2 cups of buttermilk. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to fry, heat enough oil for at least an inch deep thickness in whichever pan / pot you are using to fry in. Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- In a large shallow bowl (or pie plate) combine flour and salt and pepper to taste (for 2 cups of flour about 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper is a good start - you can fry one up, taste test it, and adjust the seasonings if you'd like).
- Shake off excess buttermilk for a small handful of the onion straws, coat them in flour, and place them in the hot oil for a couple minutes, until golden brown. Use a large slotted spoon to gently move them around so they don't all stick together.
- Remove with the slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Continue until all onions are fried.
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BurgerMonth Sponsors: Cabot, Anvil & Hammer, New York Beef Council, Red Duck Foods, and Spoonabilities for providing prizes for this epic event. All opinions are my own. The #BurgerMonth giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 and up. All winning entries are verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness.
The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. One winner for each weekly giveaway will be selected. The prize packages are sent directly from the sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen. The #BurgerMonth Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #BurgerMonth posts or entry.
Now that's a burger! Sounds so flavorful and delicious! I really can't wait to make the whiskey bbq sauce.ReplyDelete
This burger looks amazing! I'd stop by for one anytime!ReplyDelete
Oh goodness - these look incredibly delicious!! I'd love one of these fresh off the grill.ReplyDelete
Every layer of this burger is making me drool. And I'm a total onion ring hoor. Those look phenomenal.ReplyDelete