Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake for #BundtBakers
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
This cake is fantastic - peanut butter is probably the strongest flavor, but the chocolate adds lovely color and contrast. It's rich and decadent and a little goes a long way - and that said it did NOT last long in my house at all! Everyone loved this cake, and I will definitely be making it again!
Come see all of our fancy bundts we're sharing with you today!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake from Like Mother Like Daughter
For the Chocolate Batter:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup + 2 TBS flour
1/2 cup +2 TBS cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup boiling water
For the Peanut Butter Batter:
1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
For the Peanut Butter Ganache:
8 oz peanut butter chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup peanut butter
For the Chocolate Ganache:
4 oz milk chocolate chips
3 TBS heavy cream
6 regular sized Reese's cups (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 or 12-cup bundt pan with baker's spray and set aside.
- Prepare the chocolate batter by combining dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend the oil and sugar together until combined, then blend in the egg, vanilla, and milk until smooth. On low speed alternate the dry ingredients with the boiling water until you have a silky smooth chocolate batter. Set aside.
- Prepare the peanut butter batter next. Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugar until well combined and creamy. Add in the egg and vanilla, blending until well combined.
- On low speed, alternate the milk with the dry ingredients until everything is well combined and smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Pour chocolate cake batter into the pan, just to cover the bottom of the bundt. Add some peanut butter batter in a smooth layer. Alternate back and forth until all batter has been used. Do not swirl or combine.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan about 15 minutes, before inverting onto a cooling rack to complete cooling.
- When cooled, prepare the peanut butter ganache by placing PB chips, heavy cream, and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until ingredients combine into a beautiful smooth mixture. Drizzle / pour over your cooled cake.
- Allow this ganache to cool / harden almost completely before you prepare the chocolate ganache layer.
- Prepare chocolate ganache by heating chocolate chips and heavy cream over low heat in a nonstick saucepan and stirring constantly until smooth.
- Carefully scrape warm ganache into a ziploc bag. Seal, and gently snip just the very tip of the bottom corner. Drizzle back and forth over the cake (I only used about half my ganache, use as much or as little as you want).
- Gently press chopped candies along the top of the cake into warm ganache so they can stick as it cools.
Wow, this cake looks amazing beautiful. Will must get instantly hit in kids.ReplyDelete
This sounds and looks amazing! So many yummies packed into and on top of a chocolate Bundt. I'll have to don my mask and take a long walk after having this one! Have a safe and Happy Holiday!ReplyDelete
Ohhh ... OMG ... speechless !!! DeliciousReplyDelete