Weekly Meal Plan ~ 5/18/2020


Welcome to the middle of May! Where is the time going?!! We're now less than a month away from my next birthday... I'll be 39 - the last year of my 30's. I don't really care about age that much, but it actually caught me by surprise the other day when I stopped to think about it. It's amazing how much I've crammed into nearly 40 years of life... and then at the same time... HOW has it been 40 years?!

This week we're onto lots of CHICKEN!! I have quite a bit of chicken in the freezer after stocking up thanks to the Meating the Need events from Raeford Farms; I picked up once and my dad went and picked up once - so our freezer is well stocked! We now get to start enjoying all of that chicken and getting creative with it, and combining it with the various fresh veggies I've been able to get at the Farmer's Market and grocery store. Our local farmer's market just started back up and they are doing no contact pick up with pre-orders each week now and it's brilliant. We got the prettiest produce from them this week! Can't wait to slice up some tomatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper and just eat them fresh. Yummm....

Monday
Cabbage Sauteed with Chicken

Tuesday
Roasted Lemon Chicken Legs
Creamy Baked Mac N Cheese
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Roasted Beets

Wednesday
Chicken Salad With Almonds & Poppyseed Dressing

Thursday
Blueberry Lemon Sweet Rolls
Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup

Friday
Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells
Roasted Broccoli
Popovers

Baking this week:
Classic Crème Brulee

Cookbooks I'm browsing this week:
Pioneer Woman's Come and Get It
Dorie Greenspan's Around My French Table
The Picky Palate Cookbook

Comments

Popular Posts