Roasted Garlic Cheddar Muffins for #MuffinMonday
Are you a food blogger who is interested in joining and posting with our muffin loving group? Request to join our Facebook page - we'd love to have you!
This is a delicious cheesy garlic muffin recipe, infused with amazing roasted garlic flavors! It's an extra step to roast the head of garlic first, but totally worth it! These muffins work beautifully alongside your favorite soup, served with some saucy pasta, or heck just slather in some butter and call it lunch!
You can store them in a sealed container for a few days on the counter if needed - just heat them on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes when ready to enjoy.
Come see all the tasty muffin recipes we're sharing with you today!
Roasted Garlic Cheddar Muffins from The Salty Marshmallow
1 large head of garlic
1 TBS olive oil
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
2 TBS sugar
2 TBS butter melted
1 cup milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the very top of the garlic bulb off, exposing the cloves. Place garlic in foil, drizzle with olive oil, and wrap the foil up and around the bulb. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until cloves are soft. Set aside, and allow to cool.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, and sugar. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Squeeze the cooled garlic cloves into the bowl of a stand mixer and mash with a fork to break them up a little.
- Add the eggs, melted butter, and milk to the garlic cloves and stir to blend. Set aside for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Gently add your wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. When combined, stir in the cheese with a spatula or wooden spoon just until combined (do not over mix).
- Divide the batter between the prepared cupcake tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Set aside on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes before turning out.
- Best served warm.