#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. http://www.pinterest.com/flpl/bundtbakers/
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page. http://www.foodlustpeoplelove.com/p/bundtbakers.html
What can I say about this month's #BundtBaker's challenge that these photos don't say for themselves? This was a fantastic theme and I am so glad we had the chance to work with the Rocky Road ingredients!
I did end up using a recipe that called for cake mix and pudding mix, and while I try to stick more to scratch recipes most of the time, the majority of the Rocky Road cake recipes I found included cake mix so I went with it. That's what I keep a few cake mixes in the pantry for - right?!
The add-ins are what make this cake so dense, fudgy, moist, and absolutely delicious. The little marshmallows melt into the batter leaving it extra moist and gooey, and the chocolate chips melt in as well, leaving extra tender chocolaty bites when you find one. The nuts add a nice crunch and contrast.
My son LOVED this one - he wanted to eat the whole pot of marshmallow glaze before I even put it on the cake - but he at least got the little bit I left off (and then he tried to eat all the excess glaze that puddled around the edges of the cake).
This cake is super rich and would be perfect with a big glass of milk or a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream. I can't think of a better way to end the day!
Check out all the beautiful Rocky Road inspired Bundts this month:
- Almond, Blueberry and White Chocolate Rocky Road Bundt by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Rocky Road Bundt Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Elvis on a Rocky Road Bundt by It's Yummi
- Cheery cherry Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Our Good Life
- Biscof and Chocolate Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Spiceroots
- Rocky Road Fudge Bundt Cake by La Cocina De Aisha
- Chocolate Toffee Rocky Road Bundt Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Cherry Chocolate Walnut Bundt with Marshmallow Glaze by Noshing with the Nolands
- Chocolate Chip Bundt with Rocky Road Topping by Baking & Creativing with Avril
- Rocky Road Bundt Cake with Marshmallow Glaze by Brooklyn Homemaker
- S'more Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
- Rocky Road Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Fantasy Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Kids and Chic
- Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Liv For Cake
- Nutty Chocolate Banana Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Marshmallow Drenched Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Culture Confusion Rocky Road Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Not Just For Ice Cream Rocky Road Bundt by Tea and Scones
- Toasted Chocolate Almond Bundt Cake by Eat, Drink and Be Mighty
- Brownies Style Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Rocky Road Bundt Cake with Marshmallow Filling by From Gate to Plate
- Blueberry Pecan Cocoa Ripple Cake by Magnolia Days
- Rum Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Adventures in All Things Food
- Mini Rocky Road Bundts with Marshmallow Frosting by Passion Kneaded
- Triple Chocolate Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Simply Veggies
- Rock n' Roll Rocky Road by Living the Gourmet
Marshmallow Drenched Rocky Road Bundt Cake adapted from Picture Perfect Cooking and Noshing with the Nolands
1 chocolate cake mix of your choice
3.9 oz. box instant chocolate pudding mix
1 3/4 cup milk
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped almonds
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 - 2 TBS heavy whipping cream
1 TBS butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a Bundt pan by spraying it with baking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, milk, and eggs. With an electric mixer, beat on low until just combined and then beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in the chocolate chips, marshmallow pieces and almond pieces.
- Bake for 1 hour then cool in the pan for 10 min before removing to finish cooling on a cake pan or cooling rack.
- Prepare marshmallow glaze by combining glaze ingredients in a small nonstick saucepan, stirring often until marshmallows melt along with the butter and then stir until smooth. Coat cake while still at least a little warm to allow glaze to soak in.
- When cool, slice, serve and enjoy!