My boy baked this one up for us to enjoy last weekend, and it only lasted about 24 hours in our house! Kent and I loved it!! The banana bread was fantastic, and totally kicked up a notch with that swirl of chocolate infused flavor in the middle. Absolutely moist, tender, and delicious bread.
Kent is already thinking about baking another loaf to take to his girlfriend - he is definitely my child. :)
This is a fantastic recipe - and one we will definitely be using again; such a GREAT variation of classic banana bread.
Banana Bread with Nutella Swirl by Lynsey Lou's
2 1/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 TBS unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 medium ripe bananas, roughly mashed
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Set to the side.
- Blend butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl on high until light and fluffy, for a total of about 2-3 minutes. Incorporate the bananas and blend well; next add the eggs, milk and vanilla and blend. Add the dry flour mixture and blend just until incorporated.
- Pull a third of the batter out and transfer to a small bowl; blend in the Nutella.
- Pour half the banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread in an even layer. Next spoon the Nutella mixture over batter. Using a knife, gently swirl the batters together, don't over mix. Spoon the remaining banana bread batter over the Nutella mixture. Gently swirl the banana and Nutella batters together.
- Bake in the preheated oven and for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and immediately transfer the loaf from the pan to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.