Craving something creamy, rich, peanut buttery and totally sweet-tooth satisfying? Then boy are you in the right place!! My son has been asking for peanut butter cheesecake ever since I made this recipe (he loved the layer of peanut butter cheesecake in there). I decided to appease the boy and give a no-bake cheesecake recipe a try.
I found the recipe linked below and adapted slightly to use a combination of Reese's and other PB candies I had on hand instead instead of mini Reese's bites.
The drizzly chocolate sauce on top is very pretty and a nice sweet touch to offset the richness of the cream cheese and savory flavor of the peanut butter.
Because I used M&M candies, the cheesecake was studded with little pockets of color from the different colored candy coatings!
This is a very rich and delicious peanut butter cheesecake - the Oreo crust is so yummy! I didn't have the full amount of Oreos but we made do with what I did have; it was a nice complement to the peanut butter filling. As you can see from my pictures, I used a pie plate and skipped the springfom pan. This was easier for me to store leftovers in the refrigerator (with just some cling wrap over the top).
No Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Life, Love, and Sugar
Yield: 9 inch cheesecake
2 1/2 cups Oreo crumbs
5 tbsp butter, melted
24 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups peanut butter
1/2 cup mixed peanut butter candies (PB M&Ms, Peanut Butter M&Ms, Reese's Pieces, PB Chips, etc.)
8-oz Cool Whip (or 1 cup whipping cream beat with 1/2 cup powdered sugar until whipped cream is formed)
- Combine Oreo crumbs with melted butter.
- Press crumbs into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Set in refrigerator to firm.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and peanut butter together in a large bowl until smooth and well combined.
- Gently stir in the Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream).
- Add about half of the chopped Reese's and stir until combined.
- Pour filling into crust and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for about 4-6 hours or until firm.
- Remove cheesecake from springform pan and top with remaining chopped Reese's and chocolate sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.