Honey Almond Granola



I tested out two granola recipes today - I was asked to make a bigger batch then I made last time, so instead of one big recipe, I made two different ones - that should tide the household eaters over for a week or two (I hope)!


This recipe is really yummy - the cook time totally threw me since I'm used to a lower temp, and longer time. The original recipe actually only calls for 10 total minutes. I did 15 total and got a nice, crunchy granola that I was happy with. The flavor is very nice - the nuts add a good crunch, there is just enough salt, and you can taste that honey and a touch of vanilla. Delicious!


Enjoy your granola with some cold milk and fresh diced fruit, or sprinkled over some yogurt, for a wonderful start to your day! There's just nothing quite like homemade granola.


I was offered the chance to try out some super fun Liquid Chalk Markers from Ander Blake (Amazon link below) which I love - this set comes with 8 beautiful, vibrant, bright colors. You can uses these markers on everything from chalkboard (and my favorite - chalkboard labels!), to glass, whiteboard, plastic, ceramic and more! Write a message on your children's mirror, label projects on stickers, or directly on the boxes or jars, label gifts, write a sign, write a message on your car or house windows, etc. Lots of great options - and EASY to clean, just wipe with a wet cloth!


Honey Almond Granola from Lovely Little Kitchen

Ingredients
1 cup almonds, divided
3 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon almond extract

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Put half of the almonds in a blender or food processor and pulse until pulverized to a fairly fine consistency. Rough chop the other half of the almonds. Place all of the almonds into a large bowl and add the oats, salt, and brown sugar.
  3. In a microwave safe bowl place the coconut oil and the honey; microwave for about 30 seconds, stir until all of the pieces of coconut oil are melted. 
  4. Pour the honey / coconut oil mixture along with both extracts into the bowl with the oat mixture, stir well until evenly combined.
  5. Spread mixture onto a large baking sheet covered with a silpat, baking mat, or parchment paper. 
  6. Bake for 5 minutes, stir. Return to oven for 5 more minutes, stir and return to oven for about 5 more minutes or until it's beginning to get golden browned along the bottom. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to air dry for at least an hour, or until completely cool. Store granola in an airtight container (I like to use a large Ball jar).




Comments

  1. Oh, I love homemade granola! This is a new recipe to me, and I have all the ingredients! Yay!! Those markers look really festive, too! Paired with those jars, I would just love it!!

    Thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts