Baked Paleo Chicken Tenders


The original recipe linked below calls for about half of the breading mixture that I wrote the recipe for - I made this recipe with about 3 average sized chicken breast halves (so somewhere between 12 - 16 ounces of skinless boneless chicken breast meat) and I used up all of the breading when I was a little more than half way through my chicken; so I doubled the breading in the recipe below (which is why there are two different colors of chicken tenders, some were smoked paprika as the recipe is written below, and some were Parmesan / garlic flavored). Depending on how much breading you typically use, you can always make the doubled recipe below, and set half aside until you see if you need it all or not. We like ours fairly heavily breaded - however much will stick is what I used!


I really enjoyed this recipe! The tenders came out SO moist and wonderful flavorful. The almond flour added a really nice texture and light nuttiness to the breading as well.


I was really impressed with how well the breading stuck to the chicken, and when it was time to flip it, I didn't really loose any which was fantastic!


The breading doesn't get super crisped because it is baked, but the almond flour helps give it a touch of crunch and really nice texture.


Almond flour makes a perfect flour to use for breading, and I can't wait to try it on pork chops next. I know we will definitely be making the Parmesan variation again too, and I'll have to write down ingredients instead of just throwing stuff together so I can share it - those were really delicious too!

Baked Paleo Chicken Tenders from Allergy Free Alaska

Ingredients
12-oz chicken tenderloins (or boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips)
2 cups blanched almond flour (I use Morning Pep)
2 TBS flax meal
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
ground black pepper to taste (1/4 - 1/2 tsp or so)
2 eggs
olive oil, in a sprayer

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees (F) and line a large baking sheet with a silpat or baking mat.
  2. In a pie plate mix together the almond flour, flax meal, paprika, garlic powder, salt, parsley, poultry seasoning, and ground black pepper.
  3. In another small mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
  4. Dip the chicken tenders / pieces in the egg, making sure that they are thoroughly coated. Next dredge them in the almond flour breading, pressing firmly, but gently, on both sides to adhere.
  5. Place the chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheet, leaving at least a little space in between them. Spray lightly with olive oil, and place in preheated oven. Bake 10 minutes, remove from oven and gently flip the tenders over and spray again with olive oil; return to the oven for 10 more minutes. 
  6. Transfer the chicken tenders to a platter and serve immediately, or at room temperature. 
If you like dipping sauces, BBQ or ketchup might work well with the smoked paprika flavor in these chicken tenders, but we all ate them as is and thought they were very tasty and juicy!


*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from Morning Pep for the purpose of review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.


Comments

Popular Posts