Red Wine Berry Cooler


I enjoy a nice glass of red wine every now and then and I really like fruity, refreshing wine coolers (though I honestly can't even remember the last time I had one, before this one). I decided to try to make my own at home with a red wine I had open.


I received the Mixologist World Cocktail Shaker Set to review, and it is a great looking addition to your bar ware collection, and comes with a jigger in addition to the shaker (with a strainer built into the lid). It worked perfectly to make this delicious and refreshing cooler!


I really liked the combination of the mixed fruit with the wine and gingerale together, it was very "sangria-esque" for sure, but a lot quicker and less ingredients. This would be a perfect summer beverage to enjoy by a poolside or with a barbecue - make it up in a large batch in a pitcher (you could even freeze some of the mixture in ice cube trays and add them to a prepared pitcher of the wine cooler to keep it cool if you're serving in warm weather).

Red Wine Berry Cooler

Ingredients
1/2 cup red wine (I used a shiraz / cab mix)
1/2 cup gingerale
1/4 cup frozen mixed berries

Directions
  1. Add frozen berries to the red wine in a cocktail mixer and allow to thaw for 5 - 10 minutes. Add gingerale, put top on mixer and shake to combine. If you don't want any berry pieces in your drink, pour it through the strainer top of the cocktail shaker into a glass and enjoy; if you want to drink the berries, you can muddle them while in the shaker first (if desired), or pour as is into a glass.

*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from Mixologist World for the purpose of review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own. 



Comments

  1. Oh, this sounds SO refreshing! I really love drinks like this in the spring and summer - perfect for some porch-sitting, watching the kiddos play in the yard. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely one of those "nice end to a good day" kick back and relax type of drinks - it tastes like summer to me! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts