Breaking Bad - Walt's Birthday Plate

I was trying to decide what Breaking Bad inspired food item to share today - after running a few internet searches I discovered that in the Pilot Episode of Breaking Bad, Walt is given a birthday plate of eggs with "50" spelled out in veggie bacon.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120210202842/breakingbad/images/a/af/1x01_-_Veggie_Bacon.jpg

I love the idea of this - it seems like something we in our household would do - well I suppose it is a variation of what we do. Every year on my son's birthday he gets a pancake bear and sometimes his age in pancakes too - I think a side of scrambled eggs with bacon spelling out the number to accompany the pancake bear would be well received, so we might just be adopting this one as a birthday tradition!

Find more Breaking Bad inspired recipes here, or here, or see the link to the Breaking Bad: A Parody in Cookbook link below!


I received a pair of Breaking Bad inspired earrings to review via Tomoson, and so of course I had to find a recipe to go with the review. These earrings are perfect - simple, stainless steel, periodic table "Br" and "Ba" - if you love this show, you will love these earrings!


And if you love breakfast, you will love your own birthday plate of eggs and "age" bacon (I didn't use veggie bacon - it's forbidden in my household of bacon lovers).

Inspired by this breakfast platter, here is "Walt's Birthday Plate":


Walt's Birthday Plate

Ingredients
6 eggs
1 - 2 TBS milk
salt and pepper to taste
3 pieces of bacon, cooked to desired crispiness

Directions

  1. Whip the eggs and milk together in a bowl.
  2. Heat about 1 tsp of oil in a large nonstick skillet (or spray skillet with cooking spray) - heat to medium-high heat.
  3. When oil is ready, add whipped eggs and season to taste with salt and pepper.
  4. Stir regularly with a spatula, when eggs are starting to set, reduce heat to medium. Continue stirring until eggs reach desired consistency.
  5. Arrange eggs on a large plate.
  6. Tear or cut bacon into workable pieces, and place atop eggs to form the number you prefer.
  7. Serve immediately.




*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from Vision Creations for the purpose of review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.


Comments

Popular Posts