Crock Pot Beef Stew


This is the fourth crock pot beef stew recipe I've shared... you can probably guess that we like beef stew! This is one of the few "soup" type dishes my husband will actually eat, and being that I love soups and stews, I definitely make a point to fix this comforting, cozy dish at least every now and then especially during the cooler months. It is just starting to warm up here in Georgia, so we had to get our beef stew fix in while we still could!

I like to serve beef stew with a loaf of soda bread - we made a quick and easy loaf of Tastefully Simple's beer bread (with bacon and cheese - yumm!) to go with this dish. My favorite thing about the Tastefully Simple beer bread mix (aside from how easy and delicious it is), is the versatility! You can mix pretty much ANY carbonated beverage with the mix, and there are add in options to give it endless flavor profiles. I've been buying and making TS beer bread off and on as a treat ever since a friend of mine turned me on to their products years ago. It's good stuff.


I received a two pack of Kiva's Hot and Sweet Smoked Spanish Paprika and this was the perfect recipe to try them out in! I used half of each seasoning and they add a wonderful depth and flavor to the stew. I have a crock pot paprika chicken recipe to test out next that I can't wait to get to! The smell of these paprikas is amazing. I've never had smoked paprika before, and I am now completely in love with the smoked version.


This is a delicious, comforting, and warming dish to enjoy and share with your loved ones. I really liked the combination of seasonings and add-ins. I definitely played with the seasonings before serving, so make sure to taste test and adjust as needed for you and your family - the smoked paprika adds a nice warmth to the dish, and oh my the smell when it's cooking! Heavenly.

Crock Pot Beef Stew adapted from Julies Eats and Treats

Ingredients
2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 in cubes
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp Kiva Spanish Smoked Paprika
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 TBS dried onion flakes
1 1/2 cups beef broth
3 medium potatoes, diced into bite size chunks
4 large carrots, sliced into bite sized pieces
1 medium onion, diced into small pieces
1 can peas, drained (or 1 1/2 cups frozen peas)
1 can mushrooms, drained (optional)

Directions 
  1. Put meat, flour, salt and pepper in the crock pot, stir with a wooden spoon or spatula to combine.
  2. Add in garlic powder, minced garlic, Spanish paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes and carrots.
  3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
  4. When you are 30 minutes away from serving, add in the canned or frozen peas and mushrooms (if using); stir and allow to warm through. 
  5. Taste test and adjust seasonings before serving.



*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from Kiva for the purpose of review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.


Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts