Cranberry Sauce Muffins for #CranberryWeek
Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures invited some fellow bloggers to join her for a week long event to celebrate the beautiful cranberry! We'll be bringing you tons of amazing and delicious recipe ideas through Friday. From appetizers, to sides, to desserts, to entrees - we have you covered if you're craving something cranberry.
These muffins are easy to throw together, and a tasty and hearty way to use up some leftover cranberry sauce after the Holidays. The cranberry adds some color and a touch of flavor, and definitely some moisture to these lovely muffins.
They aren't overly sweet at all, have a wonderful texture with the addition of the oatmeal and make a great breakfast muffin, or afternoon snack. They're perfect with a cup of tea in the morning!
Come take a look at all the #CranberryWeek recipes we're sharing with you today:
Wednesday Cranberry Recipes
- Cranberry and Prosciutto Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Cranberry Apple Crisp by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Cranberry Bliss Coffee Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Chicken Meatballs by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies by Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
- Cranberry Old Fashion by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cranberry Onion Relish/Thokku by Magical Ingredients
- Cranberry Orange Bread by House of Nash Eats
- Cranberry Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Sweet Beginnings
- Cranberry Praline Fudge by The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Rice Pilaf by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cranberry Sauce Muffins by Making Miracles
- Fresh Cranberry Breakfast Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- Glazed Cranberry Gingerbread Muffins by Savory Moments
Cranberry Sauce Muffins
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups jellied cranberry sauce
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place liners in a 12-well muffin tin, spray liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the butter and melt it in 20-30 second bursts, until it is fully melted. Whisk in the brown sugar, milk, egg, vanilla extract, and cranberry sauce.
- Add in all of the dry ingredients and whisk again, until fully combined.
- Divide the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven 22-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and muffins are cooked all the way through.
- Leave muffins in tin to cool for 10-15 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack to complete cooling.
Recipe adapted from Ahead of Thyme
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)