Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Shells for #MulticookerMonday
If you are a blogger looking to join our Multicooker Monday group, request to join our Facebook page, or reach out to Sue of Palatable Pastime! We look forward to cooking with you. Multicooker Monday is a friendly food blogging group where we get together on the third Monday of the month to post recipes for the multicooker: instant pot or pressure cooker, slow cooker, air fryer, sous vide or other cooking device with no theme; anything goes!
I fall in love with my Instant Pot more and more every time I use it! Meals like this are cozy, comforting, and so EASY! I love that it all cooks together in one pot - and the pasta cooks up perfectly!
The flavors in this dish are lightly spicy, so warming, and the beef adds great protein and heartiness. You could add in some diced bell pepper along with the onion and meat for additional veggie content, and some diced tomatoes if you want a little more texture.
Multicooker Monday November 2020:
Recipes using Small Kitchen Appliances
- Crockpot Bread from Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
- Instant Pot Butter Beans and Sausage from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Shells from Making Miracles
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast from Palatable Pastime
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Jamaican Coconut & Beans Rice - Pressure Cooker from Sneha's Recipe
- Sous Vide Whole Stuffed Turkey from Food Lust People Love
Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Shells
1 TBS olive oil
2 lbs lean ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
1 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
1 heaping TBS minced garlic (jarred)
2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
4 cups beef stock
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup mild salsa
16 ounces medium pasta shells
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute, and add the oil to heat. When hot, add in the ground beef and diced onion. Allow to brown a few minutes before stirring, occasionally stir and allow to brown for about 8 minutes, breaking the meat up as it cooks.
- Season with 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, chipotle peppers, chili powder, oregano, and cumin. Stir gently.
- Pour in the beef stock, tomato sauce, salsa, and pasta. Stir and try to make sure pasta shells are submerged in liquid.
- Set the Instant Pot for high pressure cook - 5 minutes.
- Once the cycle has completed, quick release pressure. Add in the cheddar cheese and heavy cream. Stir gently and allow to sit about 5-10 minutes (the sauce will thicken up a little as it sits).
- Serve hot, with preferred toppings (if desired). Suggestions: sour cream, additional sprinkled cheese, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, etc.
My Teen will love this!!ReplyDelete
I love pasta with Mexican flavors. This sounds delicious!ReplyDelete
Oh, man, I could eat the biggest bowl of that! Definitely a comfort dish.ReplyDelete
This sounds delicious. I love anything with cheese.ReplyDelete