Holiday Salad for #SundayFunday
Welcome to our third post with a new group called Sunday Funday! My friend Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited some fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
This month Sue from Palatable Pastime invited us to share "That Holiday Feeling" - she gave us free reign to pick something that we might serve at the Holidays and share up our tasty dishes with you.
This is a wonderful side dish to lighten up any hearty, heavy Holiday meal, or it would be a fantastic entrée salad with some leftover turkey on top! This lovely recipe features chunks of my very favorite Irish cheese with some crispy bites of apple, crunchy slivers of almond, sweet, tangy, chewy cranberries and a lovely light dressing. It keeps it simple, and of course is adaptable to use what you prefer and have on hand. It's a great base to add to, or swap items out if you don't like one of them. For me this has the perfect mix of fruit, nuts, and cheese.
The dressing is very light in flavor, a hint of vinegar, a hint of mustard and it complements the fruit and rich Irish cheese so well in this delicious, flavorful, refreshing salad.
Come get inspired with some delicious holiday dishes!
Sunday Funday: That Holiday Feeling!
- Caesar ColeSlaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm/
- Crackled Ginger Cookies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gingered Shrimp Cups by Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
- Holiday Salad by Making Miracles
- Kohlrabi, Carrot and Spinach Salad by Cook with Renu
- Marmalade Glazed Sweet Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Parker House Rolls by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Savory Aloo Masala French Toast Rollups by Sneha's Recipe
- Turkey and Cranberry Reuben Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
3 TBS apple cider vinegar
6 TBS extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (I used a Spicy Brown mustard)
1 TBS minced garlic (jarred)
2 TBS honey
6-8 cups shredded romaine / salad mix
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 small Gala apple, cored and diced
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup diced Irish cheddar cheese
- Divide lettuce between 3-4 plates, divide remaining topping ingredients over the lettuce.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all dressing ingredients in a small mason jar or sealable tupperware and shake or whisk to combine until creamy and well blended.
- Drizzle salads with your preferred amount of dressing and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Detoxinista
This is my kind of salad. I could make a meal of it.ReplyDelete
I love apple salads! I don't need a holiday for this. I might make one today with lunch. Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
I love putting fruit in a salad, especially dried cranberries. This salad looks perfect.ReplyDelete
I am loving this salad with bits of cheese in this, healthy and yummyReplyDelete
This looks so delicious! I love the apples and cranberries!ReplyDelete