Beef and Butternut Squash Chili for #SundayFunday
Welcome to our second post of a new group called Sunday Funday! My friend Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited some fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
This month I am hosting an event all about squash! I love all forms of squash - I've gotten really into finding ways to use spaghetti squash as a pasta replacement in various dishes, and love the sweetness of pumpkin and butternut squash in soups, stews, and chili - like the version I'm sharing with you today!
This is a wonderful chili variation - completely different than your typical meat, bean, tomato sauce (which I also love). This one has a hint of sweetness, and that subtle hit of cinnamon really takes this in a different direction. This is a hearty, healthy, and wonderful comforting meal to enjoy on a cool fall day!
Come see all of our Sunday Funday Squash recipes today!
- Autumn Harvest Fall Soup by Our Good Life
- Beef and Butternut Squash Chili by Making Miracles
- Couscous-Stuffed Red Kuri Squash by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup with Yogurt by Cooking With Carlee
- Curried Squash Soup by Palatable Pastime
- Lal Bhoplyache Bharit /Red Pumpkin Raita by Sneha's Recipe
- Roasted Bruschetta Pattypan Squash by Food Lust People Love
- Seared Scallops with Spaghetti Squash by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spaghetti Squash 2 Ways by Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
Beef and Butternut Squash Chili
1 pound ground beef
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
1 medium butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cubed
1 heaping TBS minced garlic (jarred)
1 TBS chili powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (14.5 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 cups vegetable (or beef) broth
1 TBS honey
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Combine ground beef and diced onion in a large nonstick soup pot. Sauté over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until beef is browned and onion is tender. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt during cooking.
- Add in all remaining ingredients. Stir gently to combine. Bring to a low simmer, cover and simmer 25-30 minutes - or until squash is tender.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Recipe adapted from Brooke Anderson on AllRecipes
This looks so hearty and filling, Rebekah. I can't wait to try it soon.ReplyDelete
That looks like a great fall meal. Warm, flavorful and filling!ReplyDelete
This dish so filling, love the chilli in it! Thanks for hosting this event.ReplyDelete
This looks wonderful. Great flavor profile. Thanks for hosting and sharing.ReplyDelete