Velveeta Cheese Sauce for Steamed Cauliflower or Broccoli



I first made this cheese sauce ages ago and it was super simple and delicious. So when I had a (HUGE) head of cauliflower in the refrigerator for New Year's Day dinner I knew exactly which cheese sauce recipe I would go looking for to serve it with (because I apparently can't serve cauliflower in my house if it's not liberally doused in some sort of cheese... don't ask me why - I think cauliflower is perfectly delicious all by itself).


This is a very simple recipe, and it is creamy and easy to tweak seasonings to your personal tastes. It comes out nice and thick, and is oh so cheesy. Of course, if you don't like Velveeta skip this recipe and try one like this instead! I happened to have a brick of Velveeta that's been sitting in my pantry for a little while in need of a "home" so I went with this version of cheese sauce.


This one reheats well stove top over medium-low heat with additional milk to thin - it's also really yummy drizzled over baked potatoes with some broccoli on top.


Velveeta Cheese Sauce for Steamed Cauliflower or Broccoli from Cooks.com

Ingredients
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. flour
1 c. milk
1 1/2 c. cubed (1/2 inch size) Velveeta cheese
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
Dash of pepper
Paprika

Directions
  1. Melt butter in small saucepan. Remove from heat. Blend in flour until smooth. 
  2. Gradually add milk. Return to low heat, stirring constantly, until beginning to boil. 
  3. Add cubed cheese and continue to stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat. 
  4. Add salt, sugar, and pepper. Pour over cooked vegetables just prior to serving. Sprinkle with paprika.


Comments

Popular Posts