Lindsey Rose is 16 Months Old!


How does time keep flying by SO QUICKLY (see my last update at 14 months here)?!! Here we are - and our baby princess is now 16 months old and definitely keeps us on our toes. She is so much fun to be around - I adore listening to her babbling, her giggles, seeing her play with her toys and climbing stairs and chairs, "helping" in the kitchen, talking to her dolls and stuffed animals, singing when her favorite songs come on, seeing her eyes light up when something she recognizes or likes comes on the radio or in her movies... it is such a joy to see her growing and learning, and watching her figure out who she is, what she likes, what she wants, how to express herself... Of course there are those days where she drives me bonker bananas too, but that's all part of the fun I think. :) It makes me appreciate the sweet, good, and fun moments all the more. 


Lindsey is very, very vocal and constantly babbling - though her only new word I can think of since last month is that she says "I play" or "pway" more frequently now, usually when you're telling her not to do something and she looks up at you with those big eyes and says "pway!" like "I'm just playing here!" She likes to climb up into our stuffed arm chair in the bedroom, after pulling the cushion out, and sit or stand in there with a smile on her face like "I'm such a big girl"!

She also says "boos" (or books) all the time, to me especially because I humor her more than her dad, and we'll pull out book after book from her bedroom bookshelf, and she'll sit with a pile of books around her on her floor, flipping through pages. She LOVES her books! Most nights we'll read one or two before bed - but last night she suckered me into three.


Lindsey has 12 teeth now - her four first molars have all come through - one on the bottom is still finishing emerging all the way, but the worst of it is over. There were some rough, whiny, sad, unhappy days in there with those suckers. Poor baby and poor daddy who stays home with said whiny, sad, unhappy kiddo!

Lindsey loves outside time - I try to take her for a nature walk or at least to go out and play in her outside house at least once or twice every weekend as long as the weather is decent. She loves to pick up nature, examine it, sometimes taste it, and mostly just be out in the fresh air exploring. She really likes playing in her little house - going in and out of the door, pressing the doorbell, sitting or walking around inside and peeking out the windows. She likes to shut the door on me as if to say "no mamas allowed!" I think she likes that it's her special space. :) 

Lindsey also knows what "want to go shopping?" means! Kenneth gives her old cards (gift cards that have been used, etc.) and she brought out a Starbucks gift card and set it on the floor when I was working in the kitchen, so I asked her if she wanted to go shopping. She stopped, looked at me a moment, then when straight to the front door and tapped on it and looked back at me like "ok - let's go mama!" :D Pretty funny girl! :)

Sleeping continues to go well - aside from a few middle of the night fussing sessions where she fell right back asleep during teething, she's been going to bed around 7:00pm and up between 6:30 - 7:00am most mornings (as long as we're quiet and don't wake her when I'm heading out for work at 6:30 with Kent who I drop off at school on the way).

I snap pictures of Lindsey and share them on instagram more and more often lately - I love playing with the different filters available to accentuate a "feel" to whatever was happening at that moment.

I love my baby girl so, so much and the days are passing much too quickly! She's fully switched over into size 24 months / 2T as of the past couple weeks. The last few 18 month sized items are finding their way into the closet / vortex... I really need to get that stuff grouped and sold - it is depressing to see all of the items she's grown out of in the past 16 months!

Until next month...!








Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth?? Since I have a 16 year old too, I am even more aware of how fast the time passes! At least it gives me lots of perspective during those moments of frustration and tears - this too shall pass, very, very quickly.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts