Essention Oils ~ Lemon, So Many Uses!
I received a bottle of 100 percent pure and natural therapeutic grade Lemon Oil from Majestic Pure for the purpose of review. I searched Pinterest and Google for ideas - where to start! The company also was kind enough to send a great PDF booklet with tons of ideas as well. Essential oils can break down plastic, so it is recommended that you use glass or stainless steel as containers when needed. I found a bunch of great glass containers here.
Information from Majestic Pure:
Lemon Oil Benefits
According to Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College assistant professor Dr. J.V. Hebbar, the benefits of lemon include:
- Cleansing and purification
- Oral health and remedy for halitosis (bad breath)
- Thirst quencher
- Remedy for abdominal colic pain
- Cough relief
- Calms stomach and relieves nausea
- Prevents malabsorption
- Improves digestion
- Nourishes the skin
- Promotes Weight loss
Here are some of my favorites:
- Use as a "Goo-Gone" - if you have greasy hands from working on cars, etc. just add a couple drops of lemon oil to your handwash, and voila! Also works for sticky substances like bandaid residue - put a drop or two directly on the residue and rub gently to remove.
- Daily detox / weightloss promotion - put about 2 to 3 drops of lemon oil directly in a glass (GLASS - not PLASTIC cup) about 3 times each day as a daily detox and to promote weightloss.
- Use a couple drops of lemon oil in your laundry load that's been sitting in the washer too long, run the cycle and you'll have fresh smelling clothing! (Try putting a drop or two in your toilet water too - fresh, clean smelling bathroom!)
- Face cleanser / wash - mix lemon oil with some baking soda and honey for a completely natural acne face wash concoction. Lemon oil can help improve your complexion and leave your skin feeling soft!
- Lemon oil is a natural disinfectant - use it instead of alcohol or bleach containing cleansers, and use about 40 drops of lemon oil combined with 20 drops of tea-tree oil to a 16-oz spray bottle (glass or stainless steel only - not plastic) full of water (along with a little bit of white vinegar) and use it to disinfect counter tops and bathroom surfaces!
- Lemon oil can help you overcome a cold faster - mix it into some coconut oil and rub on your neck.
- Lemon oil can be used as a natural teeth whitener - mix with some baking soda and coconut oil and rub on your teeth for two minutes, then rinse well.
- Use as an easy produce wash - cleans your produce and increases their shelf life as well. Place fruit and vegetables in a sink full of water with 2 - 3 drops of lemon essential oil. Dry and store as normal.
- Use as an air freshener - place about 5 or 6 drops of lemon essential oil into a glass / stainless steel spray bottle filled with about two cups of water for a quick and easy spray that will freshen your rooms and help eliminate odors!
- Use to freshen your garbage disposal - put a couple drops in along with water and allow to soak a few minutes before running it.
- 65 Uses for Lemon Essential Oil on Sarah Titus
- Homemade Cough Drops on Mamas Essential Oil Cabinet
- 10 Uses for Lemon Essential Oil on Super Oily
- Make a Reed Diffuser on Practically Functional - diffuse lemon oil to help with allergies and promote mental clarity
- Top 10 Uses for Lemon Essential Oil on Real Food
- 20 Uses for Lemon Essential Oil on Don't Mess with Mama (loved her idea of putting a few drops on a cotton ball and attaching anywhere it's "stinky" - aka the diaper pail!!)
*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals for the purpose of review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.