Easy Stove Top Mac 'n Cheese



This is a quick, easy, creamy, and cheesy macaroni and cheese recipe we enjoyed recently that I am saving for the "favorites" file! I really liked the blend of cheeses and simple seasonings to enhance them. The original recipe suggests cooking this in a rice cooker, but I don't have one and thought stove top would work great - and it did! Great side dish in a hurry to accompany just about any and everything.
Kent is a big mac 'n cheese fans, though he almost always prefers "Old Faithful" - the recipe his grandmother gave me and I've pretty much used every time I've made Mac 'N Cheese over the years, because it's the way he likes it. Thankfully this new recipe got the seal of approval so I get to hang onto this one and pull it out again someday - hopefully in the not so distant future. :) I'm sure some diced tomatoes or bacon mixed in, or sprinkled on top, would be really yummy if you like those types of add-ins as well. 
 
Easy Stove Top Mac 'n Cheese adapted from on AllRecipes

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup milk
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon paprika
salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions 
  1. Mix macaroni, broth, and milk together in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook about 15 minutes, or until macaroni is tender yet firm to the bite (check frequently, stirring to prevent sticking - add additional broth / milk if the liquid is evaporating too quickly and reduce heat if necessary).
  2. Stir cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, paprika, salt, and pepper into macaroni mixture until cheeses are melted. Taste test and adjust seasonings if necessary.


Comments

  1. Hii,
    This is great and awsome post for me. i loved to read your blog. it's really-really amazing. thanks for inspired me by your blog.
    Buy Online Pure & Natural Essential Oils

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts