Chocolate Hemp Protein Shake PLUS #GIVEAWAY
I received a pack of hemp seeds to try out via Tomoson and have really enjoyed the chance to learn more about this nutritional powerhouse! This shake recipe was REALLY enjoyed by both my son and my 15 month old too (I had to research, of course, about giving hemp seeds to toddlers and was impressed with what I read).
More information about Hemp Seeds, according to Roaring Lion:
- REWARD YOUR TASTE BUDS: Enjoy Super Hemp's Award Winning Best Taste. Super Hemp is delicious, it's nutty, often compared to sunflower seed or pine nuts... only better! Sprinkle on salads, cereal, yogurt, add to smoothies, muffins, breads and other recipes. Unlike some hemps, Super Hemp tastes great raw, straight from the bag.
- REWARD YOUR BRAIN: Your brain has many of the fatty acids found in bulk Super Hemp. Regular consumption may help improve your memory. Super Hemp seeds may also help symptoms of anxiety and depression while improving your mood.
- REWARD YOUR WEIGHT LOSS: Super Hemp is a natural appetite suppressant making you feel full longer. Adding just four tablespoons of hemp seed to your meal can reduce your food cravings significantly. You will also feel more energy which can help you power through workouts and other activities to lose weight.
- REWARD YOUR HEART AND LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE: Super Hemp seeds contain essential fatty acids that help reduce blood cholesterol. This keeps the heart healthy and also prevents plaque buildup in your arteries. Super Hemp fatty acids also reduce inflammation that can cause high blood pressure and poor blood circulation.
- REWARD YOUR DIGESTIVE TRACT: Super Hemp provides high amounts of both insoluble and soluble fibers which keep your digestive tract healthy and clean. Super Hemp contains plant sterols and antioxidants helping reduce risk of colon, breast and prostate concerns. Super Hemp does NOT contain oligosaccharides such as found in soy, which often causes stomach upset and gas.
Chocolate Hemp Protein Shake adapted from Amy on AllRecipes
1 cup water
1 cup ice cubes
1 banana, cut into chunks (or use frozen for a colder, thicker textured shake / smoothie)
1/2 cup raw hemp seeds
4 pitted dates, more to taste
2 TBS cocoa powder, more to taste
- Blend water, ice, banana, hemp seeds, dates (remove any pits), and cocoa powder together in a blender until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately, refrigerate any leftovers.
*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from Roaring Lion for the purpose of review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I'd love to try this recipe. I usually have the other ingredients on hand. I've been trying to be healthier this year and I'd love to try hemp seeds.ReplyDelete
I am sure you would enjoy this recipe! I'm looking forward to using the hemp seeds in other ways too! What a great, healthy addition to your diet. :)Delete
Just about everything. I've added it as a topping to mac 'n cheese, smoothies, homemade energy bars!!!ReplyDelete
That is awesome - I never would have thought of them for a mac n cheese topping!Delete
I would add them to a salad I think!ReplyDelete
I'm going to have to give that a try soon! :)Delete
AFTER READING ALL OF THE GREAT BENEFITS I WOULD USE IT IN EVERYTHING. OR A LEAST 1 MEAL PER DAY. MY SON AND I BOTH HAVE HEALTH ISSUES THAT WOULD BENEFIT FROM THE SUPER HEMP.ReplyDelete
I would put it in energy bars! YUMReplyDelete
That sounds like a GREAT use! :)Delete