#SecretRecipeClub ~ Creamy Stovetop Bacon Mac 'N Cheese




Welcome back to another wonderful Secret Recipe Club reveal day! Today I am sharing Nicole's Blog "I Am A Honeybee" with you. I have been reading and following along on Nic's blog for quite awhile now - pretty much since I joined SRC. I was pulled in by the way she shares her life, her fantastic family friendly recipes, and then the arrival of her little Autumn (Autumn is just a couple months younger then Lindsey, so it has been fun for me to watch Nic's posts about monthly milestones)! Learn all about Nic on her "About Me" page here. The summary version - do not call her Nicki. She is an architect. She likes NASCAR. She loves Food Network. Tulips are her favorite flowers. She is a crafter and has the sewing machine incident scars to prove it. She also has scars from exercising - treadmills are dangerous. Bring her some Peeps and you will have a new friend.

I hope you will take a moment to visit the  Secret Recipe Club if you've never heard of it before - it is a wonderful group of bloggers who are given a "secret" assignment of another member's blog each month and our goal is to pick ANYTHING from their blog to make and post about on our designated reveal day! I have been a part of SRC for quite awhile now (see my first post from 2/25/2013 here) and LOVE the opportunity to get to know another blogger a little better each month by spending time perusing their blog, reading through their recipes and posts, and finding something perfect for my family from what they've shared.

As is my norm, I had a hard time figuring out which recipe to highlight from I Am A Honeybee - there were SO many good choices! I settled on the Mac N Cheese recipe because I made it twice in two days and it is a delicious, creamy, comfort food side dish that I am happy to share with you today! Some of the other recipes that made my "short-list" include: Cheesy Pigs In A Blanket, Homemade Cheez-Its, Ultimate Tatchos, Light Cheddar Broccoli Soup, and Fried Rice!



Creamy Stovetop Bacon Mac 'N Cheese from I Am A Honeybee

Ingredients
8-oz dry elbow macaroni pasta
2 cups lowfat milk (more if needed to thin)
1 TBS butter
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp salt, more to taste
dash freshly ground nutmeg
1 cup grated cheese (cheddar, or use an assortment: cheddar, swiss, gouda, parmesan, jack, etc.)
black pepper to taste
1/4 - 1/2 cup crumbled bacon, to taste

Directions
  1. In a medium sized pot, combine the milk, raw pasta, butter, mustard powder and salt. Turn the heat to medium and slowly bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. (Stay close to the pasta to prevent sticking / burning).
  2. As soon as the mixture comes to a simmer, reduce the heat to low and allow the pasta to cook in the milk slowly (if you leave the mixture on too high, the milk will evaporate and you will burn the pasta). Add more liquid during cooking if necessary. Continue to stir frequently until pasta is tender and most of the milk has been absorbed, about 10 - 15 minutes.
  3. Once pasta is tender, remove the pasta from the heat and stir in the cheese(s). Cover and allow to rest for about 5 minutes, until cheese has melted, and remaining liquid has been absorbed. Stir in the bacon bits, grate a little fresh nutmeg over the top, give one last stir and serve warm.



For anyone interested in a 4-oz bottle of wonderfully scented, multi-purpose Peppermint Essential Oil, I have a giveaway going on now!









Comments

  1. What a GREAT idea and SRC pick - LOVE it for this time of year too! Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! :) Can't beat mac n cheese for creamy comfort food when it's chilly outside.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I can just imagine how yummy this is with the added bacon. My daughter makes a mean mac n cheese, I'll have to have her add bacon next time she makes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bacon makes everything better - right?! :D (Well, it seems to in my house at least).

      Delete
  3. Bacon makes everything better. Great pick this month Rebekah, and you're right...it is easy when you are assigned I'm a Honey Bee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Nic's blog!! So many yummy things to pick from. :)

      Delete
  4. How do you take the comforting mac & cheese and make it that much better? Bacon! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness. I haven't made this in so long. And you made it 2x! I have to give it a try again... and with bacon!!

    I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much. Thanks!!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time hunting for the right recipe to share this month - so many wonderful choices to pick from! :)

      Delete
  6. I got her blog in the first year I joined SRC... amazing that more than 3 years have gone by!

    Your choice for this month is simply perfect! With the type of weather around, only a bowl of creamy mac and cheese to make me smile and feel all cozy inside....

    Have a great Reveal Day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sally - the time sure does fly, doesn't it?!

      Delete
  7. What a great choice Rebekah! That looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband loves anything with bacon. He would be all over this. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am 9 months pregnant and all I want is Mac and Cheese. This looks amazing and I wish I had a bowl in front of me. Happy Reveal Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, what a great pick! The funny thing is that I was just eating some macaroni and cheese today and thinking about how it was pretty good, but would be better with bacon! Will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mac and Cheese is great comfort food, especially in these frigid temperatures. Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You cannot go wrong with bacon + macaroni & cheese :) Such a great combo! Happy reveal day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing better than Mac 'n Cheese! Especially with bacon on top! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bacon and Mac n' Cheese.....the ultimate in comfort food! Happy Reveal Day~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mac 'n' cheese is perfect comfort food - I think you made the right choice :-) Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mac and cheese is such a comfort food! I love stovetop versions too. Great pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love mac and cheese to begin with, but bacon makes everything instantly ten times better. What an awesome recipe! Great pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts