Moist Banana Bread


I have so many banana bread recipes on this blog - but I've been using the same one for the past couple years and when I went to search for it recenty I cannot seem to find it ANYWHERE. I cannot remember the name of the blog it's from and ever combination of words is not helping me locate it. So - I decided to try a new one that I felt had similar ingredients. I double everything, because my go-to recipe is a double batch (there's no sense in making a single loaf in this household). Banana bread disappears lightning fast around here!

Moist Banana Bread

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 - 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1 1/2 cups mashed overripe bananas (about 3 large bananas)*
1/4 cup sour cream
2 large eggs (room temperature)
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking or baking spray and set aside.
  2. Combine mashed bananas, sour cream, melted butter, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract and blend on low speed. Add eggs in one at a time, just until combined.
  3. Turn off the beaters and add in the flour, both sugars, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
  4. Turn speed on low and blend just until combined - turn speed up a little for just a second or two at the very end to make sure everything is pulled off the beaters, off the sides, and bottom, and well combined.
  5. Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake 55 - 65 minutes, or until set in the middle (skewer inserted into the middle of the bread should come out clean, or with crumbs only).
  6. Allow to cool in pan for 15 - 20 minutes, before carefully turning out onto a cooling rack to complete cooling.
  7. Slice when mostly or completely cooled. Enjoy as is, or serve with softened butter! 
Recipe adapted from Handle the Heat



Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this mouth watering recipe of moist banana bread! I am a huge fan of baking and trying new recipes but my bread never came out this perfect. I am a freelancer, offer online Nursing class help to undergraduates. so, I have to spend most of my time at home that is why I love to cook and bake to distract my mind from work burden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From that day on, we felt like to could tackle anything that came our way. We had learned that even in the darkest of times, there was always hope for a miracle. And I was grateful for the management assignment writing help that had made it all possible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts