Fish Egg Jell-O Salad



I've had a little bit of tapioca left in my pantry for a long, long time... Too long. I decided to finally use it up! I found this recipe when I was searching on AllRecipes and thought it sounded interesting. I've had quite a few jello salads growing up, but never one mixed in with tapioca mixed in before. 

I really liked the way this one turned out! And, surprisingly, my son who has vehemently stated he HATES tapioca due to some disastrous tapioca pudding incident many moons ago, really liked this one! It is sweet and fruity from the jello, creamy from the mixed in whipped creamy, and sticky - almost gummy bear like - from the tapioca! It's very tasty, and a great, refreshing treat to enjoy. I think this would be a good potluck dish to share with a group as well.

I didn't add in any fruit to mine, but I think some sliced strawberries would have been absolutely delicious with this!

Stop by and enter to win a 4-oz jar of your own peppermint essential oil at my giveaway here!

Fish Egg Jell-O Salad adapted from on AllRecipes

Ingredients
5 cups water
1 cup small pearl tapioca
1 (3 ounce) package fruit flavored Jell-O® (I used mixed fruit, use whichever fruit flavor you like)
1 cup white sugar
2 cups Cool Whip
Optional: diced fruit to mix in, or garnish

Directions

  1. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and pour in the tapioca pearls. Cover, and let stand for 30 minutes. If the mixture is clear, it is done. If not, set over low heat and warm slowly until it becomes clear. Heat the water to almost boiling if you did not have to reheat, and stir in the gelatin and sugar until dissolved. Cover, and refrigerate until almost set, about 1 1/2 hours.
  2. In a large bowl, whip the cream using an electric mixer until fluffy. Fold into the gelatin mixture, and pour into a bowl or mold. Chill until set, about 2 hours.



Comments

Popular Posts