Smashed Sandwiches




These are quick, easy, and yummy toasty sandwiches to enjoy for breakfast on a cool morning. We love them, and always have these staple ingredients in the refrigerator! The only thing I don't love about making sandwiches on my fabulous panini press / griddle is the clean up. The plates can't go in the dishwasher, and there is often some sort of oil / cheese / marinade / sauce GUNK that gets stuck on, has to be soaked and then scrubbed (gently) to remove and get the plates good and clean again. I was sent a packet of the grilling mats below to try out and oh-my-gosh they are AWESOME! These can be used on everything from griddles, panini presses, to grills for EVERY type of food. I tried the mat out with this sandwich using my panini press and it worked so very well! It got everything hot, melty, and crispy even with the lines, but NO CLEAN UP! Just give the mats a quick rinse, and put everything away! I definitely recommend these - but even if you don't have grilling mats, give this yummy, cheesy sandwich a try soon anyway. :)



Smashed Sandwiches
makes 1 sandwich

Ingredients
1 1-oz slice of cheddar cheese
1 slice thick cut bacon, cooked to desired crispiness
2 slices turkey lunch meat
1 English Muffin, split in half

Directions
  1. Preheat a panini press to medium-high heat.
  2. On the bottom half of the English muffin, place half of the cheese, top with bacon, lunch meat, remaining cheese and the top half of the English Muffin.
  3. Place the sandwich on the panini press, and press the top down and hold for about 10 seconds. Release and allow to cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until bread is toasted and golden, cheese has melted, and the filling is warmed through.


*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary product from Radar 20 for the purpose of review. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.



Comments

Popular Posts