Rain Rain Go Away!

We had a beautiful Saturday, just got rained on some on the way home. I woke up around 8:30 and Kenneth was still out sleeping in the living room (he wakes up really, really early, and goes out to the living room and puts the TV on and usually falls back asleep) so I woke him up and we took about 2 hours to get showered, dressed and ready to head out. We swung through Chick Fil A on the way out for breakfast (YUMMY!!) and drove to Lake Lanier and stopped at I think about 4 boat dealerships and toured about 5 or 6 boats total. It was fun to see them in person and really get a feel for what we want, what the cost is going to be, and which dealerships had a decent selection for the cruisers we're looking at. I totally fell in love with one in particular and have my heart set on that one or one very similar (the Chaparral Signature 250 or 270). They are just beautiful and I love the seating option on the 250. Kenneth of course kept looking at the big boats, but I don't want something bigger than we need and it needs to be trailerable.

In any event, that's how we spent our Saturday, we swung through Arby's for lunch around 2:00pm and then stopped to look at RV's in Kennesaw on the way home (Kenneth has decided we need the RV to tow the boat). We're no where near ready to buy either, but we're deciding what we really want, what we truly intend to use them for, how much we are willing to spend, and then we will actually look once he's back from deployment (if he actually deploys). I'm trying not to "plan" on him being gone yet, since we still don't have orders, but I'm starting to think about summer plans with Kent. I think I want to take a week off and fly to WA to visit my family while Kenneth's away, it's a good time to go and the timing works well with summer break. I won't buy my tickets until I know for SURE what Kenneth's schedule is, but I'm starting to plan for it and talk to my mom about dates.

Mother's Day is coming up this weekend and I have no idea what Kenneth and Kent are getting me, but I asked Kenneth to not spend very much - I'd rather have them do something low key and home made (I love breakfast in bed)! We're hosting the family get together since Ken and Donna are in the midst of packing up and getting ready to move out of their house. So I know this weekend is going to involve a lot of cleaning! :)

Today is another overcast day, we had some GORGEOUS ones last week and I really hope the sun comes back out again soon - I was really enjoying driving the Corvette with the top off!!

Comments

Popular Posts