Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs for #FishFridayFoodies
Would you like to join Fish Friday Foodies? We post and share new seafood/fish recipes on the third Friday of the month. To join our group please email Wendy at email@example.com. Visit our Facebook page and Pinterest page for more wonderful fish and seafood recipe ideas.
For our final Fish Friday 2020 event, Cam of Culinary Adventures with Camilla invited us to make seafood centric amuse-bouche! "Let's make some diminutive seafood bites. Amuse-bouche are single, bite-sized hors d'oeuvre. Get creative with a seafood-based amuse-bouche and we can all have a virtual #FishFridayFoodies holiday party."
We all need a little bit more celebration and festivity in our life right now - so this virtual party featuring delicious seafood treats sounded pretty fantastic to me.
I had some smoked salmon leftover from another recipe, and the idea of deviled eggs just sounded delicious. And what a fabulous, rich, and creamy bite these were (or 2-bite...)! The capers add that touch of salty and briny, and the salmon adds a wonderful complement to the creaminess of the deviled egg filling. These are beautiful to share and delicious to eat!
See all of our bite sized Fish Friday recipes!
- An Amusing Mouthful: Grilled Prawns with Caviar Lime
- by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Crab Bites by Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
- Drunken Shrimp by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Egg and Tapenade Toasts with Anchovies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs by Making Miracles
- Wasabi Prawn On Air Fryer Sweet Potato Roundles by Sneha's Recipe
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
8 large eggs, hard boiled
2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
2 tablespoons mayonnaise, more as needed
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoons dried dill
1/4 tsp salt, more to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, more to taste
2 ounces cold-smoked salmon, chopped into 1-inch pieces, for garnish
1 tablespoon drained capers, for garnish
- Slice eggs in half, horizontally, and place yolks in a small bowl. Mash until they're smooth then add in the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper. Stir together until well combined and smooth. Taste, and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Fill the whites, and distribute the capers over the filled eggs, and top each with a small rolled piece of smoked salmon.
- Serve and enjoy within 12-24 hours.