Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies for #SundayFunday
Welcome to #SundayFunday! Wendy from A Day In The Life on The Farm invited fellow bloggers to kick back, relax, and share something tasty and fun each weekend. "Sunday should be a Family Funday. Please join us in sharing recipes that will help you to enjoy your Sunday." If you're a blogger interested in joining us, just visit our Facebook group and request to join!
So I'm sharing a fairly traditional oatmeal chocolate chip cookie that has the lovely addition of butterscotch chips and toffee bits! The flavors work together for a wonderfully tender, chewy, crisped cookie that goes deliciously with a glass of milk or an afternoon cup of coffee!
- Culinary Adventures with Camilla: Aztec Blueberry Linzer Cookies
- Food Lust People Love: Brown Butter Shortbread
- Our Good Life: Chocolate Chunk Shortbread with Sprinkles
- Sneha's Recipe : Eggless Nankhatai
- Karen's Kitchen Stories: Hazelnut Shortbread Cookies with Nutella Filling
- Cooking With Carlee: Krumkake
- A Day in the Life on the Farm: Macaroon Kiss Christmas Cookies
- Making Miracles: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies
- Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice: Salted Honey Pecan Thumbprint Cookies
- Palatable Pastime:Toffee Coffee Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with silpats.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer; whip for about 2-3 minutes on medium-high to high speed, until light and creamy. Scrape down the sides and bottom as needed.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, blending well between each addition, then add in the vanilla - scraping down the sides and bottom until everything is evenly creamed and looks slightly fluffy.
- Meanwhile, combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients into the butter / sugar mixture and combine on low speed, until just combined.
- Add in the oats and blend very briefly to incorporate the oats.
- Lastly, add in all of the remaining add ins - chocolate and butterscotch chips, and toffee bits. Blend quickly but briefly, just to distribute the add ins evenly.
- Use a 1 1/2 TBS cookie scoop to scoop 12 rounds of cookie dough per cookie sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 10-11 minutes, until bottoms are golden brown (but not too dark). Cool about 3-5 minutes on the sheets before moving to a cooling rack to complete cooling.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough.