Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal for #ChristmasSweetsWeek
Enjoy these #ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers:
Candy and Fudge Recipes
Chocolate Cherry Brownie Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Hard Cinnamon Candy by Blogghetti
Oreo Balls by The Mandatory Mooch
Papaya Halwa by Palatable Pastime
White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge by An Affair from the Heart
Pastry and Dessert Recipes
Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies by Kathryn's Kitchen Blog
Chocolate Saltine Toffee by For the Love of Food
Christmas Snack Board by Love & Confections
Christmas Tree Krispie Treats by Sweet Beginnings
Hot Chocolate cookies by Christmas Tree Lane
Lemon Olive Oil Sugar Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies [Vegan & Allergy-Friendly] by Bear & Bug Eats
Gingerbread House by House of Nash Eats
Gingerbread Layer Cake by The Redhead Baker
Peppermint Candy Cane Ice Cream Pie by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons half and half
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray an 8 or 9" baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and whisk in the milk, eggs, molasses, vanilla extract, and balsamic vinegar until blended.
- Add in all remaining dry ingredients: oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, until set in the middle and dry just around the edges. Allow to cool and set for 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- If desired, whisk together the icing ingredients and drizzle over the top of the oatmeal before serving.
Recipe adapted from Recipe Girl