Stuffed Mushrooms for #OurFamilyTable
Welcome to #OurFamilyTable! We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! Come find us on our Pinterest board. Are you a blogger who's interested in joining the fun? Visit our group page and request to join!
Christie from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures said: "New Years is next week and pretty soon all the awards ceremonies will be upon us. What are you favorite finger foods to serve up while watching the ball drop or the stars on the red carpet?"
Come get inspired for a delicious finger food friendly celebration with all of these delicious recipes!
Favorite Finger Foods
- Cordon Bleu Appetizers by Family Around the Table
- Curry Cheese Toasts by That Recipe
- French Onion Tartlets by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Homemade Fish Crackers with Cheddar and Whole Wheat by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mini Crab Cake Appetizer by Art of Natural Living
- Samosa Egg Rolls by Palatable Pastime
- Steak Roll-Ups by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Stuffed Mini Peppers by Magical Ingredients
- Stuffed Mushrooms by Making Miracles
- Waffled Yorkshire Pudding Pizza Bites by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
These mushrooms are DELICIOUS! And they're so easy. I don't make stuffed mushrooms very often, but when I do I always wonder why I don't have them more often! The mushroom caps are such perfect little "holders" for satisfying creamy delicious filling! The sausage adds wonderful texture, flavor, and moisture and each bite is packed full of so much wonderful flavor.
These little bites are very rich, so you won't want more than 3 or so at a time, which is just perfect for an appetizer offering!
20 - 24 extra-large white mushrooms, washed, dried with paper towel and stems removed and reserved.
8-oz sage seasoned sausage
1/4 cup white wine
1 TBS minced garlic (jarred)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
4-oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus 1 TBS
2 TBS finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with a silpat, and arrange cleaned and dried mushrooms with opening facing up on the sheet.
- Finely dice the reserved mushroom stems.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the sausage and mushroom stems to the skillet and cook, stirring until the sausage is well browned and mushroom pieces are tender. Add in the minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, then pour in the white wine, and continue stirring until about half of the liquid has evaporated.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in the bread crumbs, and once evenly combined stir in the cream cheese and sour cream. Stir gently until creamy and evenly combined.
- Stir in 1/4 cup
Recipe adapted from Cafe Delites