Easy Snickerdoodle Muffins for #MuffinMonday
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all of our lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday can be found on our home page.
Are you a food blogger who is interested in joining and posting with our muffin loving group? Request to join our Facebook page - we'd love to have you!
If you love light, fluffy, cinnamony muffins these are absolutely perfect! They would be great with some cinnamon chips and / or white chocolate chips mixed in if you want a little extra texture and pops of flavor.
They are infused with sweet cinnamon flavor in each bite. And ohhh the last of these muffins made for a delicious muffin based breakfast casserole a couple days later!
Come see all of these tasty muffin recipes to inspire your New Year's baking!
- Banana Mini Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Avocado Walnut Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Cinnamon Applesauce & Raisin Rye Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Easy Snickerdoodle Muffins from Making Miracles
- Eggnog Muffin Tops from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pearl Millet Banana Muffins from Magical Ingredients
- Sourdough Apple Oatmeal Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
Easy Snickerdoodle Muffins
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 TBS cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a medium bowl, and whisk in the sugar, vanilla, eggs.
- In another bowl combine dry ingredients: cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, nutmeg, and all purpose flour. Whisk to combine. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour the wet ingredients in and whisk gently to combine, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Line a 12-well muffin tin with paper liners, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide batter among the liners (it will be fairly thick).
- Bake 20-23 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to rest a few minutes in the pan before removing from baking tray and allowing to cool on a cooling rack until cool.
- If you want to add additional snickerdoodle effect, gently dip the tops of the muffins in melted butter and then dip in cinnamon sugar (1 tsp cinnamon per TBS of sugar, well blended).